Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

Site Supporter
    Next come the lawyers to make CHOP Sue-y
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Except for the peaceful lamb CHOP participants. They just have to get the flock outta there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So do I have this right? The Mayor orders police out. Works toward defunding, then calls the police in to go clear it out?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    This cracks me up because there’s a music venue about 7 blocks away from CHOP called Chop Suey
    P320 - a whole lot of mehh topped off with a "don't drop it" cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    So do I have this right? The Mayor orders police out. Works toward defunding, then calls the police in to go clear it out?
    Yes, I think so.

Seattle must be one of those "reality bubble" places people talk about but rarely see. IMHO it's a mental disorder, but apparently having two seemingly conflicting concepts simultaneously ("DEFUND THE POLICE!" and "HEY! THAT ASSHOLE ON A SEGWAY IN PINK WOMEN'S UNDERWEAR IS GOING TO ASSAULT ME! WHERE ARE THE POLICE!!*") appears to be reflective of some new kind of progressive mental agility. It's impressive.

(* Eleanor Holmes Norton comment heard on video recently when about to be interviewed by Andrea Mitchell of MS NBC in Washington DC near the BLAZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...cleared-346800

Pictures on CNN, 14 so far arrested.
    I'd be interested to know the charges. City Attorney Pete Holmes probably won't prosecute anything short of cannibalism. Federal charges make things more interesting.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Local news says the number of arrested is up to 23.

https://mynorthwest.com/1990562/seat...hop-wednesday/

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yes, I think so.

Seattle must be one of those "reality bubble" places people talk about but rarely see. IMHO it's a mental disorder, but apparently having two seemingly conflicting concepts simultaneously ("DEFUND THE POLICE!" and "HEY! THAT ASSHOLE ON A SEGWAY IN PINK WOMEN'S UNDERWEAR IS GOING TO ASSAULT ME! WHERE ARE THE POLICE!!*") appears to be reflective of some new kind of progressive mental agility. It's impressive.
    It is. It comes from refusing to accept that people are basically venal and selfish, and that the rule of law is the only way to protect the many from the few.

The people of Seattle elect officials who run on progressive platforms that erode the rule of law, and despite the fact that Seattle has been crawling with junkies and hoboes for decades, the voters are astonished that elected leaders lack the will to deal with lawlessness in the CHOP.

But it's not just Seattle. Look at the people all over the country who decided that they suddenly need a gun and were furious that the gun-control laws that they supported kept them from getting one when they wanted it.

It feels like the Pacific Northwest is very near a tipping point. CHOP has forced the world to watch all of the progressive left's bad ideas being distilled down into one bitter stew. Two children were murdered in CHOP on CHOP's watch. It's up to the the voters of Seattle to respond, but I don't have much faith in them.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I’m just wondering if they’re making serious efforts to capture the resident warlord and his cohorts and try them for dispensing weapons and gunning down unarmed black kids...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m just wondering if they’re making serious efforts to capture the resident warlord and his cohorts and try them for dispensing weapons and gunning down unarmed black kids...
    Some black lives matter more than others, I guess.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List