Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather Gun Belt for Heavy Fullsize

Any local saddle shop also makes belts.

Any belt they make will be as stiff or stiffer than anything you'll buy from a leather 'gunbelt' maker.

They can do any width, taper, hole spacing, tooling, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Any local saddle shop also makes belts.

Any belt they make will be as stiff or stiffer than anything you'll buy from a leather 'gunbelt' maker.

They can do any width, taper, hole spacing, tooling, whatever.
    Yeah, let me head out to my local saddle maker

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Yeah, let me head out to my local saddle maker
    As long as they take Apple Pay.

Well. There's saddle shops all over Texas and lots of younger people doing impressive stuff with leather these days.

Custom leather goods are far from uncommon. I thought it was about the same everywhere.

Milt Sparks has a history of satisfactory belts. I've had a couple, and they did a good job.
    https://www.miltsparks.com/belts.php

(The above is in the past tense because I'm slowly changing to web belts. They seem to do a good job of AIWB'ing
    and some of them have a buckle that prints less.)

I have an old (going on 20yrs) Ross Gunleather belt in black and a Filson Double Belt in brown that are daily wear depending on what shoes I'm wearing. I carry IWB Strongside and have come to prefer the leather belts for comfort over something like my Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor because they give just a little more when bending or sitting.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Wow, thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Unless you're open carrying and need to look nice, leather sucks for a gunbelt.

*I'm a certified leather snob.

Fwiw im currently wearing a horsehide belt with a revolver in a kydex aiwb holster so my views on carry gear are not exactly normal.

I think horsehide is the way to go. Noticably thinner than cowhide and retains less moisture. Much stiffer too.

Ive tried biothane. I have a first spear belt but hardly ever wear it. I dont think its stiff enough.

Stiff enough for my 1911
    Attachment 55698
    Nice belt! What brand is it?

I know it’s not leather but I’ll second the recommendation of the Volund Gearworks G-hook belt. I’ve got one and love it as it offers a lot of support, I just can’t wear it when at work because I’m sitting down all day for my job driving and if my physique was a little more “desirable”, I’d still be using it everyday and be carrying concealed OWB instead of pocket carrying but the belt is just too uncomfortable for when you have a gut and are seated all day long but it’s a good belt. Nice and stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by equin View Post
    Nice belt! What brand is it?
    A better belt

User Tag List