Thread: Comments on police budgets (culled from LE subforum thread)

Vending Machine Operator

Comments on police budgets (culled from LE subforum thread)

"We believe police need higher training standards, more training in community diversity, more training in less-lethal methods, more training in subliminal bias, and greater less-lethal resources. That's why we're giving the police less money than they have right now, without all those things."

- A bunch of cities right now who literally cannot hear themselves talking.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

There's a hella lot of people who will be shocked in a few months when they are personally affected by the budget cuts they are calling for now.

Those weren't supposed to affect the quality of THEIR police service!!!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Crazy. Maybe the city plans to turn over 1/6th of the city to Antifa so it will even out. What are they planning? Escape from New York the reality show? Next it will be Soylent green the cooking show. Bring on the scoops

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's a hella lot of people who will be shocked in a few months when they are personally affected by the budget cuts they are calling for now.

Problem is that there is greater than 75% chance (and I’m being conservative here) that the folks who need to be impacted by their decisions will not. The class of people pushing these agendas can afford a healthy crew of PMC’s to keep their assets and asses safe.

Do you think that might amp up gun sales, carry permits and SD classes? I don't personally know anyone who trains SD but I'm thinking that it might be a lucrative bidness in the not too distant future. Of course you would have to stay at a Holiday Inn and eat burgers but it might be money for nothing and chicks for free.

As an aside, I just went looking for a pretty common bullet, 9mm 124 FMJ ball. Looked in all my usual places, about 5, and nada. Now come on, there should be warehouses full of 9 mm ball, but there ain't. Did the nat'l guards place an order for 5 million rounds and the ammo companies suck it all up? I found some but damn, I had to drill deep. I'm glad i bought 20 lbs of powder before the SHTF.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-13-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Whoa! You're... like saying, much of the public... will like infer some kind of linkage(???) with decisions the other side of the media event horizon???

You know they say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK . . . . . . . . .

... say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... Remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... 30 seconds... something 30 seconds? Till the new Survivor airs? Love that show!
    Last edited by Half Moon; 06-13-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Whoa! You're... like saying, much of the public... will like infer some kind of linkage(???) with decisions the other side of the media event horizon???

You know they say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK . . . . . . . . .

... say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... Remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... 30 seconds... something 30 seconds? Till the new Survivor airs? Love that show!
    They're in a short media loop.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'll be curious to see if this mentality hits my small town.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    There might well be budget cuts caused by falling tax revenues caused by the economic shut down because of the COVID19 pandemic.

User Tag List