Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about the CZ 75 compact

I had Cajun gun works do a full SAO build a few years back on the rare steel frame p-01 compact.

He had to machine an ambi safety as the frame is a few thousands wider and thus zero holsters fit it.

Also though I love David Milam and the cgw crew, the execution of the part wasn’t to my expectation. The safety was mushy and non symmetric with the other side - which for me was Unsat. At the time I used my trigger finger to “on” safe due to the lower sized safety of the 75 vs a 1911

Anyway. I sold it without having ever shot it.

Maybe things have changed since then. As much as I love an SAO, (And my previous TDA sucks Sentiment still standing) a carried 75 is a decocker weapon In my ignorant opinion

I too am thinking of holding out for a DWX Compact. It seems like it will solve the problems with the CZ safety (by using a 1911-type safety) and solve the problems of a double-stack 2011 (by using a locking/barrel system and magazine designed from the ground up to be a double-stack 9mm weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by falar View Post
    If you want cocked and locked, the rare steel frame variant of the P-01 is currently available again after a long absence and comes with a safety. When this current batch is gone it may be years or never until we see them again.

The regular P-01s with the aluminum frame have decockers.
    The CZ-75 compact has a steel frame and safety, I don't think those are going out of production
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    The CZ-75 compact has a steel frame and safety, I don't think those are going out of production
    Yes, but if you want a rail and steel best to act now.

Apples to oranges

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    I'm taking a long hard look at these........never been a cz devotee but I'm rapidly warming up to the concept of a hi-cap 9mm that I can carry cocked and locked and this gun looks well proportioned and well built.....would be my first toe-dip into the world of CZ and id like to hear any expirences of how it carries/shoots....
    I had the same conversation with myself less than a year ago. Mine was over the purchase of my first CZ, a CZ 97 (45acp). It is a DA/SA pistol and mine is the decocker conversion. A stellar pistol! In fact I was at the range one day and one of our CZ lovers was there. He fired a couple of magazines through it and gave it his blessing. Don't think you can go wrong with the CZ. As always, if you can hold/shoot one before you buy, you will get a better idea of what you might be purchasing. Good luck!

I’ve owned a 85 Combat and a 75c. Both were great shooters but my thumb is too short to reliably use the safety. I even had CZ custom install the SA safety lever on the compact, still wasn’t enough for me. I sent them both down the road but I kept my P-01 because of the decocker.

User Tag List