Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should You Talk to the Police After a Self-Defense Incident? (Part I)

Should You Talk to the Police After a Self-Defense Incident? (Part I)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I didn't watch the video, but I am in completely agreement with @Mas 's take on it. Interestingly, we arrived at the same conclusion independently, although of course I'm sure he'd figured it out long before I was in a position to.

In a nutshell, you probably want to give a limited statement that establishes you were the victim, where evidence that might disappear or be overlooked is, and who witnesses are before they move on, and if any additional suspects are still out (say you shot one and another escaped and stole a car to flee the scene). Once you've established that, shut up.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I didn't watch the video, but I am in completely agreement with @Mas 's take on it. Interestingly, we arrived at the same conclusion independently, although of course I'm sure he'd figured it out long before I was in a position to.

In a nutshell, you probably want to give a limited statement that establishes you were the victim, where evidence that might disappear or be overlooked is, and who witnesses are before they move on, and if any additional suspects are still out (say you shot one and another escaped and stole a car to flee the scene). Once you've established that, shut up.
    What is a good way to shut up at that point? This is not a criticism, but a request on the best way to do that?

I give Branca points for his spread collar and french cuffs, and the other guy for a more quality finish to his jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What is a good way to shut up at that point? This is not a criticism, but a request on the best way to do that?
    You can let the officer know that you are shaken up by the incident and your head is not completely clear. That you fully intend to cooperate as best you can after you've had some time to compose yourself and speak with an attorney.

There is no stigma in so doing and it is your right to speak to an attorney before making further, or any statements, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You can let the officer know that you are shaken up by the incident and your head is not completely clear. That you fully intend to cooperate as best you can after you've had some time to compose yourself and speak with an attorney.

There is no stigma in so doing and it is your right to speak to an attorney before making further, or any statements, for that matter.
    Thank you. I will tell the wife and daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Yeah, let's make false statements to the cops' and tie up EMS on a fake cardiac/stroke episode. I mean, you're the only person in the whole universe, so who else could possibly need EMS for a real cardiac event?
    Pretty fucking stupid response.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yeah, let's make false statements to the cops' and tie up EMS on a fake cardiac/stroke episode. I mean, you're the only person in the whole universe, so who else could possibly need EMS for a real cardiac event?
    In their defense, I thought it was pretty funny and meant as such...

...And on topic, oftentimes the "experts" will tell you to be checked out by EMT's or at an ER if there is the slightest injury, wound or issue such as shortness of breath, etc. so that it is documented in the police report. Even more important if images can be taken of any wounds or injuries to bolster your side.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Take a breather, pal, everything's okay -- no one's actually suggesting this is the thing to do; it was a lighthearted aside in a thread that already has some very good advice.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List