Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get hammered at Cracker Barrel!

Site Supporter
    Momma's French Toast Breakfast, big OJ and coffee. Then on the road again!

When you think about it, it's weird they didn't have booze, given the decor

Mmmm...now I'm hungry.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Two Quarintini breakfast, with a couple of bleach shots, what could go wrong?

My office is located in a not-so-great section of town, but is thankfully very, very close to an interstate highway exit. That means there are also three other things handy (and not much else): strip cub, gas station, and Cracker Barrel!

Cracker Barrel is my go to “let’s go out to eat” spot because it’s so close you could walk (but we don’t, it’s Florida, we don’t walk anywhere) and anything else worthwhile is a good 20 minute drive each way. Many of the people I’ve taken there haven’t been in one for decades. It’s pretty entertaining to see their face (a) when I tell them where we are going and then (b) when they get inside. The up side is that the staff is generally pretty happy to see anyone under 60. Im a big fan of the fried catfish.

Them serving alcohol isn’t really going to do anything for me personally. I’m not going to drink at lunch,and I’m not going to stop there before heading home, and the only other time I eat there is in the road with the family which means I’m not going to be drinking.

On our road trips to visit family, we usually stop at a Cracker Barrel or two at my wife's insistence. Friendly place with good wait staff but nothing on the menu I really like. Always a struggle for me to find something to order. One time I ordered an egg sandwich. How can you screw that up, right? Well, you can screw it up by putting lots of mayonnaise on it. Really? So I added ketchup to make it French dressing. Now if Cracker Barrel had a Waffle House menu...
    Nice to know that I now could just drink heavily instead.
    Real guns have hammers.

My father-in-law loved Cracker Barrel, probably because it reminded him of growing up on a farm in the midwest. When I go TDY, it's one of the safe choices for dining, especially if my hotel is next door. I like the country store because I can usually get some hard to find candy. My wife likes to buy a mason jar of sour balls. Good snack food for the road.

We had an IT guy where I used to work. He was pretty good at the computer stuff, but he told me he used to be a manager at a Cracker Barrel. He said they paid surprisingly well, and they treated their employees well. I got the feeling he was thinking about going back.

The idea of Momma's French Toast and a craft beer makes my mouth water. May as well throw in a chocolate milk and just plan on going back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Now if Cracker Barrel had a Waffle House menu...
    Or, if Waffle House served booze...

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Or, if Waffle House served booze...
    The only time I go to Waffle House, is when I've already had too much booze.

I gave up drinking years ago......I was an aficionado of that high shelf whiskey and bourbon.....and the prices per bottle were impacting my ammo budget in a negative fashion.

We only Cracker Barrel when on the road as the local ones just aren't what they used to be. There's one south of us (about a 30 mile trip) where the food is much better than in town.

I think if they improved their food locally it would have more of a draw than serving beer/wine/liquor.

User Tag List