Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get hammered at Cracker Barrel!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Let's get hammered at Cracker Barrel!

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline...id-initiatives

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is using the reopening of its dining rooms to move forward with initiatives that were under development long before the coronavirus pandemic, including the rollout of a new menu and a sales test of alcoholic beverages.
    A menu of alcoholic beverages is currently being tested in 20 units within Florida. Included are popular beers, wines, a hard cider and two types of mimosas, orange and strawberry. Cochrane said of the mixed drinks, “It was surprising to me how popular they are.”
    Florida man, alcohol, and Cracker Barrel. I can't wait.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My folks LOVE Cracker Barrel...... I’m not sure this’ll increase their visits any, but it may make it’ll even want to come along.

You forgot to add "Tune in to the newsroom tonight at eleven when we interview one of the survivors...."

Uh, where zactly in Florida?

Their “Sunday” boneless fried chicken dinner is outfreaking standing. Same for the breakfasts.

The only bad Cracker Barrel experience I’ve ever had was just north of Atlanta, oddly enough. The biscuits sucked, which I was stunned at.

But in the main, they are very consistent. Ok, it’s not like they’re in the Michelin Guide, but after a long day RVing, the foods not bad. (And you can camp in your rig overnight in the parking lot of most CB’s.)

Cracker Barrel: breakfast all day and a whole lotta old-time stuff from the farm. Like mowing scythes, axes, saws... in Florida, oh boy!

Last time I was there an elderly lady crashed her car into the exterior wall of a dining area.
    Florida man was there making an ass of himself. Young military guy set him straight it was fun to watch.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Breakfast should be a lot more fun.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Uh, where zactly in Florida?

Their “Sunday” boneless fried chicken dinner is outfreaking standing. Same for the breakfasts.

The only bad Cracker Barrel experience I’ve ever had was just north of Atlanta, oddly enough. The biscuits sucked, which I was stunned at.

But in the main, they are very consistent. Ok, it’s not like they’re in the Michelin Guide, but after a long day RVing, the foods not bad. (And you can camp in your rig overnight in the parking lot of most CB’s.)
    It's so true, Rich...Cracker Barrel and Chipotle are the two most consistent food places I've found that have a broad availability within the U.S.. Michelin Guide? Nope. But when you're hour 12 into what was supposed to be a 7-hour trip, Cracker Barrel is almost the personification of Heaven on Earth. A glass of tea or a cold Dr. Pepper and food that you know isn't going to give you heart burn, or otherwise keep you up all night on the throne, is about all one can really want. Now they got beer and that sounds like a fine solution...Eat a country fried (chicken fried) steak, and drink myself a couple of beers sitting in a rocking chair, climb in the back of the truck and go to sleep.

Site Supporter
    Cracker Barrel, when we drive cross country it is our go to place!

Here is real life at Cracker Barrel in San Antonio. My wife and I are finished with dinner. I am paying the bill, she is looking at the country store stuff. Two cops walk in and are looking around hard. They go to manager and say something, they look more. I get the wife and say - Out of here. Why, she says. Cops, I say. We vamoose. We get to the car and more cop cars arrive and in go the officers. They quickly come out carrying a struggling man.

What happened was, said guy robbed the gas station nearby and ran into CB to blend into the crowd of the pancake stuffed. The first car has a description and looked for him. Spotting him, they call for more and thus he gets caught.

My instincts were correct. The cops come in and we go out!

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. Back before gun owners managed to overturn a bunch of bad gun laws here in VA, one of those laws was that you couldn't CCW in a bar (but you could open carry). A bar was pretty much any restaurant that served alcohol. Cracker Barrel was always a safe choice.

With the way VA politics is going, I could see a return of this law. Now we won't have Cracker Barrel.

Chris

User Tag List