Thread: Beretta APX Went Kaboom

Beretta APX Went Kaboom

Hi there,
    I am a new member, not new to guns but somewhat new to shooting guns.
    I really like this full size Beretta APX and shortly after I bought it, I went to the local range and after about 20 rounds something hit me in the hand and I looked at the side of the pistol and the extractor was gone.

Upon close inspection I noticed that the round wasn't supported fully in the chamber.
    I contacted Beretta and they fixed the pistol but the bullet is still not supported.
    At this point I am reluctant to shoot it but not sure I want to sell it to someone who might face the same issue with the pistol.

My question is this: does it look normal to have the case of a round stick up like an extra 1 mm?

PS I need to figure out how to attach pictures.

Thank you,
    Steve

Do I understand you correctly . . . the extractor of your pistol completely detached itself from said pistol while shooting it?

Besides fixing the gun, what did Beretta say about the failure?

Were you shooting factory ammo, or hand loads?

Was there any other damage other than "the extractor was gone"?

Does the pistol go into battery as it should?

Is an "assist" like a push on the slide required?

When you state that the "bullet is not fully supported", do you mean the base of the cartridge is not fully supported?

Have you tried the "plunk" test with a cartridge dropped into the barrel of the pistol with the barrel removed from the pistol?

Have you tried various brands of ammo with different bullet profiles?

Do the fired cases exhibit any unusual deformity or bulge at the base of the case?

Sorry for all the questions, but difficult to try to offer a solution without more information.

I accidentally posted the same thread twice.
    I have attached pictures in the other one. Both have same titles.

Thank you for your help.
    Steve

User Tag List