Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: 20 Gauge Coach Gun

  1. #1
    Lives to Enable Revolvers Stephanie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East 860 by South 413

    20 Gauge Coach Gun

    It may be irrational AF, but I've got an urge to get a 20-gauge coach gun. As I age, I've come to like that cartridge more and more.

    Talk me down?
    “If at first you don’t succeed, have some cake.” — The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

  2. #2
    IS WHAT PLANTS CRAVE BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Midwest
    They aren't expensive, they've got a certain coolness to them due to the mere name "coach gun", and 20g is a handy round. Why wouldn't you jump on one if you want one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Talk me down?
    Obviously my reading comprehension sucks, sorry.
    Important rule change regarding political discussion here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....58#post1151858

    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

  3. #3
    I had a Stoeger 12 ga coach gun when I dabbled in CAS. I always thought one in 20 would be pretty handy. They break down easily for travel if that’s a consideration.

  4. #4
    If you buy a coach gun, you own 25% of the guns you need to compete in CAS.

    So there's that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

  5. #5
    Site Supporter Rex G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SE Texas
    Loading a 20 gauge shell into a 12 gauge chamber can result in unpleasant consequences, especially if this goes unnoticed, and a 12 gauge shell is then loaded into the chamber. So, if one already keeps 12 gauge shotguns, one needs to be really careful about this.
    Retar’d LE

    Don’t tread on volcanos!

  6. #6
    happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It may be irrational AF, but I've got an urge to get a 20-gauge coach gun. As I age, I've come to like that cartridge more and more.

    Talk me down?
    Beyond not spending the money on a nice dinner out instead, there is literally no reason not to indulge. Do it. Dooo itttt....

  7. #7
    Lives to Enable Revolvers Stephanie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East 860 by South 413
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Beyond not spending the money on a nice dinner out instead, there is literally no reason not to indulge. Do it. Dooo itttt....
    As soon as I can find one at a decent price.
    “If at first you don’t succeed, have some cake.” — The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

  8. #8
    happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    As soon as I can find one at a decent price.
    Not to be stirring the pot, but rolling your own is another option: get a SxS from a more reputable age (mine is a Stevens 311, I believe) and have the barrel cut back and add the bead/FS of your choice by a decent ‘smith. That’s a cheap mod.

  9. #9
    I Demand Pie Lex Luthier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Pig's Eye, MN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Not to be stirring the pot, but rolling your own is another option: get a SxS from a more reputable age (mine is a Stevens 311, I believe) and have the barrel cut back and add the bead/FS of your choice by a decent ‘smith. That’s a cheap mod.
    Coolness and patina. "Beausage", as the bike nerds say. Might even get more for the money.
    "Elbonia did not need an air force for paratroopers since they were trebucheted into action..."

    A Dragon thrashing in the shallows provides amusement for the Shrimp.

  10. #10
    happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Coolness and patina. "Beausage", as the bike nerds say. Might even get more for the money.
    Caveat emptor, and all that, but I’d generally take an old, faded American workhorse over a new shiny Turkish Delight (apologies to C.S. Lewis)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •