Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Gauge Coach Gun

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

20 Gauge Coach Gun

It may be irrational AF, but I've got an urge to get a 20-gauge coach gun. As I age, I've come to like that cartridge more and more.

Talk me down?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    They aren't expensive, they've got a certain coolness to them due to the mere name "coach gun", and 20g is a handy round. Why wouldn't you jump on one if you want one?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Talk me down?
    Obviously my reading comprehension sucks, sorry.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I had a Stoeger 12 ga coach gun when I dabbled in CAS. I always thought one in 20 would be pretty handy. They break down easily for travel if that’s a consideration.

If you buy a coach gun, you own 25% of the guns you need to compete in CAS.

So there's that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Loading a 20 gauge shell into a 12 gauge chamber can result in unpleasant consequences, especially if this goes unnoticed, and a 12 gauge shell is then loaded into the chamber. So, if one already keeps 12 gauge shotguns, one needs to be really careful about this.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

It may be irrational AF, but I've got an urge to get a 20-gauge coach gun. As I age, I've come to like that cartridge more and more.

Talk me down?
    Beyond not spending the money on a nice dinner out instead, there is literally no reason not to indulge. Do it. Dooo itttt....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Beyond not spending the money on a nice dinner out instead, there is literally no reason not to indulge. Do it. Dooo itttt....
    As soon as I can find one at a decent price.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

As soon as I can find one at a decent price.
    Not to be stirring the pot, but rolling your own is another option: get a SxS from a more reputable age (mine is a Stevens 311, I believe) and have the barrel cut back and add the bead/FS of your choice by a decent ‘smith. That’s a cheap mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Not to be stirring the pot, but rolling your own is another option: get a SxS from a more reputable age (mine is a Stevens 311, I believe) and have the barrel cut back and add the bead/FS of your choice by a decent ‘smith. That’s a cheap mod.
    Coolness and patina. "Beausage", as the bike nerds say. Might even get more for the money.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Coolness and patina. "Beausage", as the bike nerds say. Might even get more for the money.
    Caveat emptor, and all that, but I’d generally take an old, faded American workhorse over a new shiny Turkish Delight (apologies to C.S. Lewis)

User Tag List