Thread: Is it worthwhile to update Glock MOS OEM mounting?

Is it worthwhile to update Glock MOS OEM mounting?

I am a "casual" user of a pair of Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS pistols with Type 2 RMRs. Both of them have a Glock factory RMR adapter plate combined with Trijicon sealing plate and haven't given me any issues (albeit in a low round count/use ).
    I read about new adapters such as the OPF-G,RMR . Would they make a worthwhile change from the Glock OEM / RMR sealing plate?

I’m no super user of the MOS system, but mine held up well. The weak link IMO is the mounting of the optic to the plate where the plate is so thin that you only get a very few threads engaged between the plate and the mounting screw.

The plate in your link eliminates some of the slop between the from at back of the optic and the slide/plate. However I can’t tell if it addresses the issue of the few threads engaged.

I upgraded the MOS with a Brownells slide. Not because it was failing or otherwise having issues, but because I had one. I like the way they replace the threaded holes with threaded bosses
    A plate with that mounting strategy might be a better upgrade than one with 2-3 threads in a hole through a thin plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I am a "casual" user of a pair of Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS pistols with Type 2 RMRs. Both of them have a Glock factory RMR adapter plate combined with Trijicon sealing plate and haven't given me any issues (albeit in a low round count/use ).
    I read about new adapters such as the OPF-G,RMR . Would they make a worthwhile change from the Glock OEM / RMR sealing plate?
    If your current set up is working well, I'd consider swapping to an after-market plate when it's time for a battery change. I'm pretty impressed with the FCD plate; very tight fit that should help protect the optic.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

MOS plates suck. The FCD or CHPWS plates are the way to go.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Well, I guess I've just been lucky. I have two G19.5s, both with SROs mounted using the stock MOS adapters. Degreased everything, put blue loctite on threads, and have had several thousand rounds through each with no issues.

Other bases might be "better", but as long as everything remains tight, I see no reason to change mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    MOS plates suck. The FCD or CHPWS plates are the way to go.
    I’d like to point out that CHPWS is a PF supporting business and takes the time to participate here.
    #RESIST

User Tag List