Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Springfield Armory Vickers Master Class 1911

After watching LAV's video, I searched on the pistol and in using Master Class in the search I tripped over the SA Master Class Aficionado.

Which may be a few dollars more expensive, or not in actual street price. But I actually prefer it aesthetically. I don't care for futuristic patterns replacing old style slide serrations and checkering on old school handguns.

I'm not finding it in their catalog but it seems to be out in the distribution channels, or was.

Attachment 58034
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I agree with you JHC. That is a nice looking pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Wow. I didn't know about that Wilson part. Just ordered one. For $10, I had to try it on my LBO.
    Let us know how it shakes out.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Vending Machine Operator
    I really like this 1911. Well executed. Hopefully quality control holds up but I don't recall that being an issue generally with Springfield's 1911s.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I really like this 1911. Well executed. Hopefully quality control holds up but I don't recall that being an issue generally with Springfield's 1911s.
    IME SA 1911s are hit or miss. If you get a good one it’s good and if not there is usually more than one issues. I have a couple good ones and I’ve had a few “Monday guns.”

This inconsistency has held true across their three tiers of guns - basic/loaded, operator / TRP level guns and even some SACS guns. With the higher level guns they seem to run in batches. There was a batch of problematic Warren Operators not long after TLG’s positive test run. The batch of TRP Level Combat Operators @JHC, myself and another member experienced being another example.

I keep buying them because the odds of getting a good gun make it worth a shot but I go into it without illusions.

if you aren’t willing to risk it Dan Wesson is a safer bet.

After watching LAV's video, I searched on the pistol and in using Master Class in the search I tripped over the SA Master Class Aficionado.

Which may be a few dollars more expensive, or not in actual street price. But I actually prefer it aesthetically. I don't care for futuristic patterns replacing old style slide serrations and checkering on old school handguns.

I'm not finding it in their catalog but it seems to be out in the distribution channels, or was.

Attachment 58034
    I saw one of those on GB while snooping the availability of the VicTac model. I agree that the aficionado is appropriately named, and more up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I saw one of those on GB while snooping
    It appears several of us have had the same idea...🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    IME SA 1911s are hit or miss. If you get a good one it’s good and if not there is usually more than one issues. I have a couple good ones and I’ve had a few “Monday guns.”

This inconsistency has held true across their three tiers of guns - basic/loaded, operator / TRP level guns and even some SACS guns. With the higher level guns they seem to run in batches. There was a batch of problematic Warren Operators not long after TLG’s positive test run. The batch of TRP Level Combat Operators @JHC, myself and another member experienced being another example.

I keep buying them because the odds of getting a good gun make it worth a shot but I go into it without illusions.

if you aren’t willing to risk it Dan Wesson is a safer bet.
    This is great to know, thank you. I only own one 1911 presently, a stainless Colt I bought in 2017, and it has been utterly outstanding. I really like the look of this and also of the Ronin, but if I end up jumping I'll keep in mind to be ready to work on it a bit.

Ah, who am I kidding, with my recent pay cut it's all window shopping anyway. But eventually it won't be.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Attachment 58034
    I could get behind that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List