Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Vickers Master Class 1911

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm a big SA fan ... I wish they'd introduced a "TRP level" LW 4 1/4" model dag gummit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    You got my attention with that one. And it should be a true Commander length, not a 4" Champion.

A year or two ago Colt had planned to start offering a Custom Carry with the same build quality, high-end components and hand fit barrel as their Custom Competition but in a Commander length with a lightweight frame.
    Interestingly, my dad traded a Colt 1991A1 Commander for a 4" RO LW Champion. Counterintuitively, the LW Champion has a much lighter, more pleasant recoil impulse than the all-steel Commander did. I suppose it has to do with the dual recoil spring.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Anyone know where I can preorder one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm a big SA fan and have had great luck across two TRPs and my LB Operator. I'm just cautious about this one just yet. I wish they'd introduced a "TRP level" LW 4 1/4" model dag gummit.
    You got my attention with that one. And it should be a true Commander length, not a 4" Champion.

A year or two ago Colt had planned to start offering a Custom Carry with the same build quality, high-end components and hand fit barrel as their Custom Competition but in a Commander length with a lightweight frame. The prototype looked really good, but someone in Colt management killed the project. I'm pretty sure they would have sold a bunch.
    I was perusing SA's site yesterday, and came upon the fact that they are now offering the Ronin in 9mm and .45ACP with a 4.25" barrel/slide and aluminum frame:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/compare

Only thing that seems lacking is any front strap treatment.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I mean, that by itself seems like...a pretty huge downside. Thanks for the explanation!
    In my experience with Springfield factory 5" Govt .45acp 1911's, theee is no issue with the ejection of live rounds. I would not be concerned with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I was perusing SA's site yesterday, and came upon the fact that they are now offering the Ronin in 9mm and .45ACP with a 4.25" barrel/slide and aluminum frame:

Oh shit.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

Interesting. Probably not in the same class as the TRP, but at least it's a Commander length gun. I think that's new for Springfield Armory. I'd swap out the stocks but other than that it would be good to go once proven reliable.

Site Supporter
    Interesting. Probably not in the same class as the TRP, but at least it's a Commander length gun. I think that's new for Springfield Armory. I'd swap out the stocks but other than that it would be good to go once proven reliable.
    I'm just putting this out there. Springfield Ronin, Pachmayer wraparound grips.

The chicks will dig it. If it runs. [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Pretty cool Springfield is finally offering a true Commander with barrel bushing and guide-rod plug. It only took them what? 35 years?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'm just putting this out there. Springfield Ronin, Pachmayer wraparound grips.

The chicks will dig it. If it runs. [emoji23]
    There are options.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod24895.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...ombat&psize=96
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Indeed. Neither of them are bad choices.

But I've wanted to do a mock up of a Pachmayr Combat Special for almost as long as I've been into 1911s [emoji1]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List