Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Vickers Master Class 1911

Springfield Armory Vickers Master Class 1911

At $1495 I suspect these will sell very well. Assembled by the Springfield Custom Shop (sounds like a similar arrangement to the Warren Tactical models). Some nice features in terms of finish (Black T), sights (Wilson/Ameriglo), no MIM in the fire control group, and Wilson Combat/Vickers ETM magazines and parts (hammer and safety).

LIPSEYS EXCLUSIVE: BATTLE READY WITH SPRINGFIELD ARMORY VICKERS TACTICAL MASTER CLASS 1911

I've been asking for one of these front sights for my 1911 forever...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 06-08-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I just may have to buy my 1st 1911.

It looks like a TRP with some different options, which is a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    At $1495 I suspect these will sell very well. Assembled by the Springfield Custom Shop (sounds like a similar arrangement to the Warren Tactical models). Some nice features in terms of finish (Black T), sights (Wilson/Ameriglo), no MIM in the fire control group, and Wilson Combat/Vickers ETM magazines and parts (hammer and safety).

LIPSEYS EXCLUSIVE: BATTLE READY WITH SPRINGFIELD ARMORY VICKERS TACTICAL MASTER CLASS 1911

I've been asking for one of these front sights for my 1911 forever...
    Interesting indeed at that price point. It’s not as though Springfield has bad parts or anything. It’s just that QC in the form of assembly is sometimes lacking.

Those front sights are available from Ed Brown (and maybe now Wilson), by the way.

Eww, just saw on the spec list it has an extended ejector. There is zero need for an extended ejector on a .45 ACP Government model. I guess the good news is, it isn’t difficult to fit a standard ejector. Just irritating that would have to be done out of the gate.

I think that killed it for me.

I hope they don't have the QC issues the Warren pistols did.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I would buy one if I could....

I think that's a great value in a 1911! Will be interesting to see what the street price comes down to after its been on the market awhile.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Those front sights are available from Ed Brown (and maybe now Wilson), by the way.
    Believe Wilson Combat and Ed Brown use different dovetails. .125 Ameriglo Pro Glos for the 1911 have also popped up on Kensight too. Hopefully we'll see more of these in a variety of heights.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Believe Wilson Combat and Ed Brown use different dovetails. .125 Ameriglo Pro Glos for the 1911 have also popped up on Kensight too. Hopefully we'll see more of these in a variety of heights.
    You are correct.

The Ed Browns are .125” XDRs and in the standard Novak .330” x 65-degree dovetail - but they only list .180” as a height.

Wilson Combats are a different dovetail (.300” x 60).

I know I’m preaching to the choir - but I really do not understand why in 2020 - we have any dovetail dimensions on 1911s that aren’t Novak.

It really seems to me it should be:

Tenon Stake (GI Width Tenon) front with GI-spec rear dovetail
    Novak Front and rear dovetails
    Nothing Else.

If this Vickers SA is using Wilson Combat parts - I wonder if the front is Wilson dimensions?

I saw this on the Springfield site the other evening. I think I might be in.

User Tag List