Thread: RFI: Group Measuring Software for the Mac OS

RFI: Group Measuring Software for the Mac OS

I've seen a couple that run on Windows, but I'm a Mac guy. Any thoughts?

thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

thanks,

Okie John
    Does it need to be desktop? I don't know if they make a desktop version, but I ponied up for the mobile version of Ballistic-X and enjoy using it.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Measuring?

If you meant "messaging", my next question would be.... Text only or Video?

Lots of people text me from their iphone. Doesn't Mac have "Messages"?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Measuring?

If you meant "messaging", my next question would be.... Text only or Video?

Lots of people text me from their iphone. Doesn't Mac have "Messages"?
    Yes, I did mean measuring.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Does it need to be desktop? I don't know if they make a desktop version, but I ponied up for the mobile version of Ballistic-X and enjoy using it.
    I may go that route. Thanks for the input.

Okie John

The range buddy app for android is good and inexpensive, I dont know if there is a version for iPhone or ipad.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I always just used the measure tool in adobe acrobat pro, or acrobat dc as it's called now. If there is a free tool (or cheap) that keeps me from creating a circle and measuring the diameter I'm all in!
    Semper Fi!

thanks,

Okie John
    It’s a bit late, but look up targetscan in the App Store.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I may go that route. Thanks for the input.
    Dunno if you have an M1 chip Mac at this point or not, but they can even run a lot of the iPhone/iPad apps because it's the same architecture. Ballistic X says "designed for iPad, not verified for Mac OS," but if you can use it on your phone or iPad anyway, it wouldn't be terrible to test it out on your Mac while you're at it. (As for the M1 chip computers themselves, if you don't have one yet, I've had one for a few months now, and I'd say c'mon in, the water's fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Dunno if you have an M1 chip Mac at this point or not, but they can even run a lot of the iPhone/iPad apps because it's the same architecture. Ballistic X says "designed for iPad, not verified for Mac OS," but if you can use it on your phone or iPad anyway, it wouldn't be terrible to test it out on your Mac while you're at it. (As for the M1 chip computers themselves, if you don't have one yet, I've had one for a few months now, and I'd say c'mon in, the water's fine.)
    I’ve also got an M1 MacBook Air. Very nice except mine has the dreaded unable to update the OS problem. 🤬
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List