Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz County California Incident

Site Supporter

Santa Cruz County California Incident

If this is posted somewhere else, or if this is the incorrect sub forum, please feel free to close or move the thread.

My thoughts and prayers are with the deputy’s family and coworkers.

https://www.santacruzsentinel.com/20...in-ben-lomond/

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Tragic.

My Guard Battalion was based in Central California and I had several soldiers that we local LE. There are plenty of violent radicals in the hills. In the 90s out Armory on Santa Cruz was fire bombed resulting in the loss of a couple vehicles. This killing has the looks of a well thought out plan to ambush and kill cops.

Saw this come across the news earlier today. Prayers from the family and friends. It Sucks monkey balls, but sadly I am not shocked.

Everyone across the national news, social media... have spent the last 2 weeks bleating about how cops are racist pigs and so on. Its not unthinkable that mentally challenged folks could act out.

Daily Mail is reporting that the shooter is active-duty Air Force, Travis Air Force Base, 60th Security Forces Squadron.

ETA: S'pose I could add a link.

Rest in peace Sergeant.

This one will be interesting. Between the IEDs used and possessed; other information; reported social media posts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Rest in peace Sergeant.

This one will be interesting. Between the IEDs used and possessed; other information; reported social media posts.
    What was his social media saying?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What was his social media saying?
    You're a few years behind. The suspect was functioning as a Sgt in the USAF.

If he is an extremist rather than a nut case, which seems likely, his publicly available social media probably won't say anything. Members and adherents of extremist groups of all stripes are learning and evolving TTPs including avoiding publicly available social media, locking cell phones and disabling biometric unlocking etc. Communications are via encrypted app such as Signal, Telegram, Wire or via private gaming servers such as Steam and Discord.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You're a few years behind. The suspect was functioning as a Sgt in the USAF.

If he is an extremist rather than a nut case, which seems likely, his publicly available social media probably won't say anything. Members and adherents of extremist groups of all stripes are learning and evolving TTPs including avoiding publicly available social media, locking cell phones and disabling biometric unlocking etc. Communications are via encrypted app such as Signal, Telegram, Wire or via private gaming servers such as Steam and Discord.
    Thanks. I thought maybe he had posted stuff on social media due to EG’s post.

I read he was USAF.

Like EG said, it will be interesting to see the details.

Site Supporter

Update from local news

Local news is now reporting that the shooter may have been responsible for the drive-by shooting that killed a Federal Protective Services in Oakland late last month.

https://abc7news.com/amp/fbi-investi...kland/6236240/

I wonder if the reported 911 call was a set up? Saying there are guns in the van...ok, but the rest sounds suspicious to me.

User Tag List