Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We have an image quota?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is there a means for contributions beyond “membership”. I’ll Happily pony up more.
    I was just bustin' 'em. That's up to you as I have no hands on the reins. I think @RJ has been reported to be very generous to the forum, so you might ask him. I'm just a regular old supporting member myself.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

It appears that I am no longer a “supporting member” which I was unaware of. Evidently it expired without my noticing.

ETA: got it corrected.
    Last edited by rob_s; 06-07-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was just bustin' 'em. That's up to you as I have no hands on the reins. I think @RJ has been reported to be very generous to the forum, so you might ask him. I'm just a regular old supporting member myself.
    Hm, I dunno about that.

I do know however there is no limit to how many years of Site Supporter status you can pay for. In my case I promised I would keep going until I made C class in USPSA P, which may take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wasn’t kidding, I don’t mind paying.

But thank you.
    Well, there is the “PF Patron” option that Tom was working on and it is a hundo a year. I haven’t had much time to think about it (being home with the whole family non stop since mid March and still working full time has cut into my free time, surprisingly), but now that you mention it, I’ve got some ideas on making that worthwhile for you guys that choose to do so.

Ok, the problem with the limit on your image uploads was that a week ago PayPal decided to make *goddamn sure* that PF is not selling firearms and using PayPal as a monetary processor, so they sent me a note and ceased processing Site Supporter and Supporting Business memberships. I made very slight changes to the wording of our Site Supporter and Supporting Business options on our “Support PF!” page, submitted a screenshot and link, and also explained that PF does not sell guns, but it took PayPal about a week to reinstate PF with non-Lord of War status.

So, we are good now and apologies. Lemme know if you have any more problems.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, there is the “PF Patron” option that Tom was working on and it is a hundo a year. I haven’t had much time to think about it (being home with the whole family non stop since mid March and still working full time has cut into my free time, surprisingly), but now that you mention it, I’ve got some ideas on making that worthwhile for you guys that choose to do so.

Ok, the problem with the limit on your image uploads was that a week ago PayPal decided to make *goddamn sure* that PF is not selling firearms and using PayPal as a monetary processor, so they sent me a note and ceased processing Site Supporter and Supporting Business memberships. I made very slight changes to the wording of our Site Supporter and Supporting Business options on our “Support PF!” page, submitted a screenshot and link, and also explained that PF does not sell guns, but it took PayPal about a week to reinstate PF with non-Lord of War status.

I just had, for the first time I remember, a message that an image I was trying to upload was too big. Usually the software just resized it but this time it just rejected it.

Just FYI. I don't need to post the image. (It was a .bmp but I tried it as a .jpg but it still recognized it as a .bmp)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

And all these years I have been trying to unlock Lord of War status....

Does the 'Patron" option actually exist or is it something that you are are just thinking about?

I just looked over my paid subscriptions and I couldn't find a Patron option, but my internet skillz are near worthless so it could be my mistake. If there is to be a Patron option, I'd be interested.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Great googly moogly. Thanks for the effort.

And I too would pay extra for Lord of War status.

I was getting this error also, saying I was exceeding the limit by ~7mb when I was uploading 42kb, and I noticed I am shown as being a humble member now. The automatic payment went through on August 8th, and it looks like it also left the checking account. I have a screen shot, but you know, I can't upload an image...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I was getting this error also, saying I was exceeding the limit by ~7mb when I was uploading 42kb, and I noticed I am shown as being a humble member now. The automatic payment went through on August 8th, and it looks like it also left the checking account. I have a screen shot, but you know, I can't upload an image...
    Fixed, added a month for good behavior. Thank you for the support.
    #RESIST

User Tag List