Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know someone that can make custom scales for knives?

Anyone know someone that can make custom scales for knives?

I'm seriously considering buying a Rainier Knives Fastpak and perhaps an ESEE Izula but the problem I have with both is the scales that are an option aren't my cup of tea as they tend to be more squared off than I would like.

I love the size and weight of the Fastpak though so I was thinking that if I could get someone to make a nice set of carbon fiber or g10 scales for it or for the Izula it might be my ideal knife.

I've tried googling this but I got a ton of stores that make scales for specific knvies but no one that seems to be willing to make scales for a knife of my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I'm seriously considering buying a Rainier Knives Fastpak and perhaps an ESEE Izula but the problem I have with both is the scales that are an option aren't my cup of tea as they tend to be more squared off than I would like.

I love the size and weight of the Fastpak though so I was thinking that if I could get someone to make a nice set of carbon fiber or g10 scales for it or for the Izula it might be my ideal knife.

I've tried googling this but I got a ton of stores that make scales for specific knvies but no one that seems to be willing to make scales for a knife of my choice.
    If you're not a member of bladeforums.com, join with a free membership.

Post a request for suggestions in this forum:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/m...llishment.794/

You won't be disappointed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I'll give that a try. Thank you.

I'll give that a try. Thank you.
    You're very welcome.

You'll get some good recommendations, I'm virtually certain of it. I'll look for your thread.

Not sure how complicated it will be because of international shipping, but Custom Scale Division is well known in the community for their quality work: www.cuscadi.de

I tried blade forums and so far no dice. I guess I'm SOL.

I tried blade forums and so far no dice. I guess I'm SOL.
    I'm really sorry, man. I see suggestions all the time for custom work and various upgrades. I don't know why no one picked up the ball. They made a liar out of me.

Site Supporter
    I have no knowledge of how to get where you want to go but if you have a bench vise, a cordless drill, and some files you could probably get where you want to go.

G10 might have some dust inhalation hazards but some wood scales could get you there too. Just a thought.

Site Supporter
    I’ve never had an Izula, but I can’t imagine scales for one are any harder than for any other knife. I’ve never worked with carbon fiber or G10, though. Just horn, antlers, and wood. A few micarta scales.

Something you don’t like about this one? desert tan micarta scales on Amazon.
    Last edited by Duelist; 06-09-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I have no knowledge of how to get where you want to go but if you have a bench vise, a cordless drill, and some files you could probably get where you want to go.

G10 might have some dust inhalation hazards but some wood scales could get you there too. Just a thought.
    I second this, and add that any table and clamp will work good enough. The Izula is a good knife to try this on, also: the size is small, the shape is not tricky. Some careful dremel work will make it go even quicker.

User Tag List