Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd: Cultural Shifts After June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Is this really a firearms forum?
    It's the general store of firearms forums if you can abide by the rules of a knife fight. Lots of knife fights.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Perhaps you are limiting your options by not considering a move from the NE.
    3000 unfilled jobs at CBP. But then you have to live like a mujado and the pay sucks. More leaving than being hired.

OK to call me an AH if you happen to work there, I'm used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's the general store of firearms forums if you can abide by the rules of a knife fight. Lots of knife fights.
    Man, I haven't trained for a knife fight in decades.

You sure it's not chimpanzee poop flinging ? I fling poop like a champion.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Man, I haven't trained for a knife fight in decades.

You sure it's not chimpanzee poop flinging ? I fling poop like a champion.
    I see that.

Internet knife fighting soon to become an Olympic sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    3000 unfilled jobs at CBP. But then you have to live like a mujado and the pay sucks. More leaving than being hired...
    BP is one of the highest paying LEO jobs in the entire nation that you don't need a college degree to be competitive for...and even then, as journeyman GS-12s they get paid significantly better than the local agencies in the areas they work while typically residing in areas with very affordable cost of living compared to most federal agents.

My buddy who left last summer was pulling in $95k/year and living in a nice 3 bedroom house for $1300/month in a decent Phoenix suburb.

"the pay sucks" is not the reason he left, quite the opposite the pay was the only reason he stayed so long.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'm in the northeast of the northeast in a relatively small town. We have a couple vacancies (of 21 total authorized strength) presently held open due to anticipated corona related budget shortfalls. While we desire either a college degree or military experience, our technical minimum is HS diploma. Having said that, for our last hiring cycle we invited 68 people to the PT test. 3 showed up and only two passed. Of those two, one was wholly unprepared for the oral board and the other was not available to start when we needed someone due to college/national guard boot camp. We are a good agency with a solid management/labor/community relationship and the pay is regionally good- patrolmen pay scale is $48-63,000 with high potential for OT/private details. One of my first year probationary guys made $95k gross a few years ago.

I hear similar things from agencies around the state and its made worse because there is only one basic academy, run by the state. It has three session per year and each session is capped at 65 recruits, so state wide only 200 new cops can be certified per year. This has lead to wide-spread poaching of laterals with signing bonuses and contract buy-outs becoming widespread. The frustrating side-effect is a few gypsy problem children had been able to resign ahead of discipline and get picked up somewhere else.

Of note- we are not a civil service state.
    Last edited by DpdG; 06-06-2020 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Add more info
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Many Virginians have had enough

Gov. Northam, the Black Lives Matter leader and Gov. who leads the charge to take away 2A rights just announced to take down a huge part of Virginia Heritage by removing Civil War Statutes. His removal of the Robert E. Lee memorial in Historic Richmond at Monument Ave. has kindled a NEW hatred for him and BLM. A Virginia Beach Black Police Chief wants more Blacks in the Force. Say's they should be EXEMPT from taking the Math Portion of the exam. We are seeing these kind of acts all across the state. It is getting Bad.
    Many of us remember well the infamous Greek Feast of the 80's, where our Tourist area in Virginia Beach was almost destroyed. And that riot was over nothing, nothing more than the enjoyment it gave them. The National guard was called out, millions of dollars in damage from looting, burning and destruction. Each year the City spends millions in preparation for another Terror attack from this group. of terrorist.
    As I write this, last night the Police were called out and able to hold back another attack with Tear Gas. Yet, they estimate about $300,000 worth of damage to shops. 16 arrested. We now have many of those kinds of violence by them each and every year. And we know it will get worse.
    We are sick of it. We all know it is a matter of time before they really cross the line. It is going to get very BAD!

Think about it. They destroy our city, while at the same time attempt to take away our right to bear arms. Wake up America. Do not let them hold us Hostage and threaten us with violence any longer. Take a Stand.

“The Virginia Flaggers are disgusted, but certainly not surprised by Mayor Stoney’s announcement today that he would introduce an ordinance July 1 to destroy the beautiful memorials on Richmond’s Monument Avenue. Against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of citizens and to satisfy the demands of a small, violent group of agitators, he is asking the citizens of Richmond to spend millions to destroy national landmarks in the middle of a pandemic that has wrecked the city’s economy.
    Last edited by Old Virginia; 06-06-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia View Post
    A Virginia Beach Black Police Chief wants more Blacks in the Force. Say's they should be EXEMPT from taking the Math Portion of the exam.
    Man 2020 os like so confusing...

Going to Target... wear a mask or bring a brick???

Having sex... Wrap the face or wrap the meat???

How can we have more black officers on a defunded police? Are they all going to volunteer???

My only prediction is that the rural/urban divide will grow just a little bit, as major cities go all officer friendly, with a concomitant increase in human feces on the sidewalks, and rural places go all Molon Labe.

Oh, and gun stores continue to rack up sales. My LGS reports crazy sales this past week. Riotpalooza is on track to match coronapalooza for numbers of first-time firearm buyers.

I have requests from 5 people (all executive level & at or near retirement age) to help them go through the process of obtaining a self- defense handgun and learning to use one. Two of them are in Hawaii.
    My devoutly liberal
    84 year old aunt has made noises too, but hasn't directly asked yet.

And seriously arthritic 77 year old mom is trying out a selection of old lady guns in preparation for her 1st concealed & carry permit license.
    (Probably won't carry, but it's good to know the state laws.)

I add this as an example of some confident, assured viewpoints being shaken.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 06-06-2020 at 11:10 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List