Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: George Floyd: Cultural Shifts After June 2020

Anybody seeing this new social media alternative to Twitter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parler

"From December 2018 through 2019, the service gained a surge in usership after prominent conservative personalities, among them Brad Parscale, Senator Mike Lee, and activist Candace Owens, signed up and publicized the network to their social media followers on other platforms.[2] Parscale had met with Matze in early May 2019 prior to signing up.[3] Other notable users include conservative personalities banned from Twitter or other networks.[4]"

Site Supporter
    Donut Operator said the CHOP was if Twitter was a real place or a city. It’s the best description of that place I’ve heard.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

"From December 2018 through 2019, the service gained a surge in usership after prominent conservative personalities, among them Brad Parscale, Senator Mike Lee, and activist Candace Owens, signed up and publicized the network to their social media followers on other platforms.[2] Parscale had met with Matze in early May 2019 prior to signing up.[3] Other notable users include conservative personalities banned from Twitter or other networks.[4]"
    Interesting. The left characterized Gab as a far-right racist platform. I suspect they’ll do so to this one as well. One thing Trump could do is simply post to this site 10 minutes before he does to Twitter. If the various members and heads of executive branch departments did the same, I bet public participation would surge.

Well I am going to experiment with this new app.

Signed up for a Parler account today.

I’m not a big social media guy, but I’m disgusted with Twitter and Google stacking the deck. Will see how it goes.

Well I am going to experiment with this new app.

Signed up for a Parler account today.

I’m not a big social media guy, but I’m disgusted with Twitter and Google stacking the deck. Will see how it goes.
    Keep us posted, if you will.

The Headmaster of one of the more well known boarding schools in the country sent an email this afternoon to alumni outlining the steps to be taken following the events of recent weeks. Among other things (many other things) he declared that although the word Headmaster has ancient roots in the English school context, because the term “master” has come to be uncomfortable for some, he is retiring that title and will now be known as Head of School.

I’m waiting with bated breath to see the next email announcing that the act of self love practiced with some regularity by many of the students must henceforth be referred to only as onanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    The Headmaster of one of the more well known boarding schools in the country sent an email this afternoon to alumni outlining the steps to be taken following the events of recent weeks. Among other things (many other things) he declared that although the word Headmaster has ancient roots in the English school context, because the term “master” has come to be uncomfortable for some, he is retiring that title and will now be known as Head of School.

I’m waiting with bated breath to see the next email announcing that the act of self love practiced with some regularity by many of the students must henceforth be referred to only as onanism.
    More importantly, The Simpsons, (which I've never watched), will no longer allow white actors to play black roles.

I hope that "Hamilton" will be taken off Broadway, and the version of Les Miserables with a black actor in the role of Javert will be removed or be prefaced with an "explanation".

I mean such ignorance requires an equally ignorant response.

All the westerns with whites or latinos playing Indians native Americans...gone...and on and on.

Ben-Hur...gone. The Ten Commandments...gone. Where will it end?

Integration...gone.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Princeton U:Removal of Woodrow Wilson name from public policy school & Wilson College

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I’m not going to shed too many tears for Woodrow Wilson, I wonder if they will ever take a look at Margaret Sanger...

Master bedroom is another.

The guy that played Cleveland on Family Guy stepped down. Says the role should go to a black man.

User Tag List