Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: George Floyd: Cultural Shifts After June 2020

"Master bedroom is another"

Henceforth I will be referring to it as 'the mistress bedroom'. I'm sure my wife will support this.

Last edited by Borderland; 06-27-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Well, crap. I guess the brake cylinders on my car are going to need to work out a truce.

Don’t forget to establish a good “head grip” on your draw, folks.

Total aside, in a topic discussion on micro aggressions in the classroom/academic environment, yours truly made friends and influenced people by replying in chipper fashion to a request for examples: “You mean like the university print and web literature still referring to incoming 1st year students as “Freshman?” (Which was true at the time. Heads may or may not have exploded.)

Site Supporter
    Went to a conference for department chairs. By then, the culture had switched such that chairman was rude. So we called such a person, 'the chair'. Not a big deal, Chairperson, chairman, chairwoman was a pain. Chair worked.

However, some old codger who thought he was cute, crazy uncle - couldn't shut up about it. He said - I'm not a chair, blah, blah. On and on.

So I said: I bet your department calls you the stool.

He shut up.

Wow, only a month since the last post. Seems a lifetime.

Wasn’t sure where to put this Spectator article about Cultural Appropriation by white people, but it seems timely with the emerging schism between adherents of BLM and Antifa in general on the other side:

https://spectator.us/mock-revolution...otests-amazon/

‘Protesters in California set fire to a courthouse, damaged a police station and assaulted officers after a peaceful demonstration intensified,’ ABC News recently tweeted. The wording was perfect — better than any satire as an illustration of the corporate media’s biases. These biases have lately come at cost for CNN and the Washington Post, both of which have paid to settle the suits brought against them by Nick Sandmann, a Covington Catholic High School student whose life they nearly destroyed last year.

User Tag List