Thread: Questions About Mounting Keymod

Questions About Mounting Keymod

I know. I'm years behind the times. Having said that, I'm trying to install an IWC sling mount on my Keymod rail. My question concerns the direction of install. Obviously, there are two circles on the back that go into the holes. However, there is also a small oval at one end that is the same height as the two circles. Does that oval go toward the muzzle or toward the magwell? My GoogleFu is weak.

Also, I'm planning on using 20in/lbs of torque and blue loctite. Objections or suggestions?

Thanks for the assistance. It's much appreciated.
    Last edited by Trav; 06-06-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I know. I'm years behind the times. Having said that, I'm trying to install an IWC sling mount on my Keymod rail. My question concerns the direction of install. Obviously, there are two circles on the back that go into the holes. However, there is also a small oval at one end that is the same height as the two circles. Does that oval go toward the muzzle or toward the magwell? My GoogleFu is weak.

Also, I'm planning on using 20in/lbs of torque and blue loctite. Objections or suggestions?

Thanks for the assistance. It's much appreciated.
    To mount KeyMod accessories:

Orient the KeyMod nut the correct way. The backer nut, which is the piece that actually goes into the KeyMod slot, protrudes on one side only at the bottom. This protrusion should face in the same direction as the muzzle of the gun. Many accessories will have an arrow to remind you of the correct orientation.

Name:  B0FB3599-CFB5-41A8-B85E-51E6A738A00C.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  63.5 KB

https://www.targetbarn.com/broad-side/keymod-vs-mlok/

User Tag List