Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HAK Hideaway Knife with Strider Grind RFI

HAK Hideaway Knife with Strider Grind RFI

Anyone with thoughts or experience on this knife? I think it fits into a narrow role, but I think it would do it well. Link and Pic below
    https://hakknife.com/collections/kni...-s30v-polished

Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  4.4 KB
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I have a HAK. It works well for carry into an area that thinks it has good physical security, but in reality has holes.

Mine has passed though places that use a casual pat-down in combination with a wand metal detector.

I rarely carely mine anymore, but when I do, it's under a sports jacket lapel or taped inside a belt buckle.

I have a Ban Tang Ti Clinch Pick that has pretty much taken its place as a more versatile knife. Definitely a more expensive blade, but carried more often.

Hope that helps.

Sure does help @SeriousStudent. I like the size, and the retention method seems like it would allow the hand to do multiple "activities" like operate a handheld light, open doors, use comms, change a magazine, etc, all while having a nice sharp little ripper ready to go.

The designer happens to mention our esteemed @SouthNarc maybe having some input on the design, maybe he will care to comment.

As an aside, have you gone hands on with the LTT Compact yet?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

“Cameron Casey”, the female sociopath that tapped into the talent pool at Self Defense Forums to design a blade for her specific needs, left quite the wake of destruction after fucking over a ton of great knife makers like Rob Simonich.

It’s a niche tool at best and I regret having any association with that company.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    “Cameron Casey”, the female sociopath that tapped into the talent pool at Self Defense Forums to design a blade for her specific needs, left quite the wake of destruction after fucking over a ton of great knife makers like Rob Simonich.

It’s a niche tool at best and I regret having any association with that company.
    Thanks for the input. That's all I need to hear. Gonna hard pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

I had one, and I recall the ordering process seemed to be that you had to measure your fingers, and then choose the style, and then some (pretty well known?) maker would turn one out for you. It doesn’t surprise me that that business model turned sour.

The ripple-effect that follows each (re)emergence of HAK\Hak Knife\HAKK\whatever is always substantial, unwanted, and unhelpful. More so, the world has moved on from that sort of design; and even if it hadn't, I wouldn't touch the brand no matter who claims to have taken it over.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

No idea if any of this is true, but here’s one version of events I googled up

http://themartialist.net/the-real-st...fense-systems/

I still have my HAK, plus several differently-purposed kydex sheaths, bought "way back when" the young lady who called herself FrontSight was a member at a site I had some part in moderating, Park Cities Tactical (dedicated to lovers of the H&K P7).

She'd just begun the business as a start-up then, in the early 2000s IIRC.

It's a handy little "niche" blade, designed to be (almost universally) both accessible and concealable, albeit with an odd, less-than-optimal grip.

Sorry to hear of the falling-out and failure of the early business relations and practices.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Thanks for the input. That's all I need to hear. Gonna hard pass on this one.
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Fred-P...k-Knife--17261

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Emerso...de-Neck--81514

I have both of these, and think they are both neat little blades, especially for the cost and price. I'm not sold on finger rings on knives except for very specific circumstances, but are worth a look.

Also, having personally corresponded with Fred, he is an amazing guy. Interesting, sharp as hell, and generous in spirit.

User Tag List