Thread: Bladeshow 2020

Bladeshow 2020

I'm booked up and ready to check this off my bucket list! Anyone else going? Any tips on things to do at the show and in Atlanta in general?

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I'm booked up and ready to check this off my bucket list! Anyone else going? Any tips on things to do at the show and in Atlanta in general?
    I stopped going a few years ago...but I attended for many years.

It's good to have a plan, especially if you're not staying for the whole weekend. Know where the booths and tables are that you want to visit first. Also, be aware that the popular makers will often sell out quickly. A lot of business, especially with custom makers, gets done the night before the show opens...both in the rooms and in the "pit". Don't be surprised when makers are sold out before you even get to them.

After you hit the booths and tables that most interest you, take time to walk the show. It's big. Probably not as big this year. Stay hydrated and carry a water bottle with you.

There are a lot of demonstrations and lectures available as well.

I'll leave the Atlanta sights for others to tell you about. I always stayed close and partied with old friends within walking distance.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I stopped going a few years ago...but I attended for many years.

It's good to have a plan, especially if you're not staying for the whole weekend. Know where the booths and tables are that you want to visit first. Also, be aware that the popular makers will often sell out quickly. A lot of business, especially with custom makers, gets done the night before the show opens...both in the rooms and in the "pit". Don't be surprised when makers are sold out before you even get to them.

After you hit the booths and tables that most interest you, take time to walk the show. It's big. Probably not as big this year. Stay hydrated and carry a water bottle with you.

There are a lot of demonstrations and lectures available as well.

I'll leave the Atlanta sights for others to tell you about. I always stayed close and partied with old friends within walking distance.
    Thank you, sir. I'm going to have an opportunity to get behind-the-scenes a bit there. There are two makers I'd like to buy from (that I can reasonably afford) so we'll see how things go.

BTW, I've been meaning to send you a PM, just hadn't found the time to write it. I'll drop you a line soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I went last year. It was my first time. My take away was get there on day one and get there early if you are looking to buy. By day two, many tables were quite thinned out. For what it’s worth, if you appreciate Geissele products, it’s a great chance to shake hands and meet Bill. Super nice guy.

Site Supporter
    These days I go to see friends, knives are a secondary benefit. I missed last year due to my heart attack. Covid postponed it this year but I won't make it. I'm hoping I can return in 2021.
    --Jason--

User Tag List