Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: California man seen pointing AR-15 at protesters arrested, charged with assault

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    24 hour cable news is a scourge.
    This. So very much this.

The twitter video doesn't show the assault, just him flagging the legs of his buddies while yelling at the protesters. But there was also a still photo showing him shouldering & aiming the weapon:

Name:  Screenshot_2020-06-04-22-52-54-1.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  50.5 KB

Yes, the protesters, given their track record, quietly and politely walked by those waving American flags.

I watched the video and remained unconvinced, as I know, and you should too, a cut of a video doesn’t tell me the entirety of the exchange.

On private property, given the current climate of hate against even looking white and patriotic, I have no problem with him brandishing if he felt threatened and outnumbered by a hostile crowd in a state where LE has given permission to these ‘protesters’ to destroy private property.

Stupid games, Revolver Bob, are a hostile organization to memorialize a career criminal, and use the negligent act of one Officer, to burn the country.

...and, given that still image, they’re pushing people to far, and these ‘protesters’ are not going to like the prize they might receive.
    Last edited by Patrin; 06-05-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I saw that video. Looked like an AR pistol with a one of the Magpul 60rd drum magazines; that is to say, California unfriendly. Wonder if they found the gun.
    There are legal Magpul D60s in Cali thanks to a really awesome judge.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The twitter video doesn't show the assault, just him flagging the legs of his buddies while yelling at the protesters. But there was also a still photo showing him shouldering & aiming the weapon:

Name:  Screenshot_2020-06-04-22-52-54-1.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  50.5 KB
    Holy chicken wing, Batman.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Whoa, really? Like, full capacity D60s or pinned for 10rd?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Holy chicken wing, Batman.
    Holosun mounted on the rail ....

Kilt. In. Da. Streetz.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The honorable judge Roger Benitez

https://www.courthousenews.com/judge...gun-magazines/

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Whoa, really? Like, full capacity D60s or pinned for 10rd?
    Freedom week in April 2019 allowed us to buy whatever magazines we wanted. The courts soon imposed an injunction, but whatever we bought in that week remains legal.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 06-05-2020 at 10:05 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Freedom week in April 2019 allowed us to buy whatever magazines we wanted. The courts soon imposed an injunction, but whatever we biught in that week remains legal.
    Wow. How did I not hear about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Yes, the protesters, given their track record, quietly and politely walked by those waving American flags.

I watched the video and remained unconvinced, as I know, and you should too, a cut of a video doesn’t tell me the entirety of the exchange.

On private property, given the current climate of hate against even looking white and patriotic, I have no problem with him brandishing if he felt threatened and outnumbered by a hostile crowd in a state where LE has given permission to these ‘protesters’ to destroy private property.

Stupid games, Revolver Bob, are a hostile organization to memorialize a career criminal, and use the negligent act of one Officer, to burn the country.

...and, given that still image, they’re pushing people to far, and these ‘protesters’ are not going to like the prize they might receive.
    You do not need to see the “whole” exchange to see that the flag waving idiots were NOT standing on their private property. If you’re standing in the street, screaming and trying to fight with the crowd, you’ve forfeited your right to claim “they started it”. Maybe they did start it, but that group moved it along further.

There are no heroes in this incident. Just stupid people. If you cannot see that from the video, do us a favor, don’t carry a gun. We talk about responsible gun ownership and use here. Inciting a fight typically causes one to forfeit their right to claim self-defense if they use lethal force to stop the fight. That includes being part of a crowd that is instigating or furthering the situation through an exchange of words, and in the video shoving. If you think that the flag wavers were correct and had a right to do what they did, you have a skewed sense of right and wrong, in addition to a misunderstanding of legal ramifications and legal use of force, ergo please do not carry a firearm.

Furthermore, this event happened in California, where a duty to retreat is absolutely necessary. The individual in question had AMPLE opportunity to retreat, obvious even from the edited video, and instead chose to arm himself and brandish that weapon at the crowd. He is the criminal in this situation, full stop.

Whether you agree with the the words of the flag wavers or the protesters is irrelevant to the legal facts of this matter. The protesters have a legal right to protest, the flag wavers have the same. However, when some portion of the flag waving party waded into the protest party to fight, the flag wavers became the aggressors. When AR dude chose to pull put a gun and brandish it, he chose to express lethal force, but definitely failed to meet the standards of such use, in most states and certainly failed to meet that standard in California.

Stupid games, stupid prizes. This individual committed the crime and should and likely will be jailed.

User Tag List