Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large gang targeting Birmingham area gun stores

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Anytime civil unrest is stirring in STL, my local gun store has an arrangement that St. Louis County Police position a cruiser in their lot overnight. As a regular practice, they nightly remove all weapons from the retail space and store them in a walk-in safe room. I'm sure there is only so much one can do to mitigate the risk and there are many variables in play, but now seems like a good time for all gun stores to seriously review best practices.
    My LGS does the same. A few years ago, some thugs drove a stolen pickup into the front of the store. I was told that on video, they were able to be seen getting to one gun-like thing: a Magpul Rem 700 stock that was under glass. When they figured out there was no rifle in it, they left it. Damaged a lot of inventory and some furniture with the truck (mostly component bullets - the shop specializes in reloading), but no guns were lost.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    blah, blah, blah...
    Finally home in ABQ
    Great to have you back, my friend!
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Burglary reported at Triangle Shooting Academy

Police were investigating a burglary at the Triangle Shooting Academy on Tuesday one week after other gun stores in the Triangle were targeted.

https://www.wral.com/burglary-report...ions/19136459/

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    It’s happened in Northern California as well. I know of a place in the East Bay and in Vacaville that got cleaned out.

Maybe we should require the thief’s to fill out 4473s and a NICS check before they leave?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    It’s happened in Northern California as well. I know of a place in the East Bay and in Vacaville that got cleaned out.

Maybe we should require the thief’s to fill out 4473s and a NICS check before they leave?
    Classic example of the gun show loophole being exploited. The FFL shows the gun on display, and then it gets taken! No more gun showing!

maybe it's just me..

When I hear about those Wish.com full-auto selectors, I think "well, at least they reduced their chances of hitting anything they are aiming at."

I'd rather have my potential assailant have one of these on his Glock.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List