Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 question

Vending Machine Operator
    Both of my Gen5s, both purchased in the last 2-3 months, have all the updates, but I've been watching 2,000 round tests and other such tests since the Gen5s came out and I don't think any of them are deal breakers. The Gen5s seem to run pretty darn well, with the upgrades being tweaks rather than make-or-break.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The breech face cut is enough of an improvement for me that I upgraded to all gen 5 with the cut. The ejection force and consistency is as good or better than just about anything else in the safe. 90% of the shells land in a 3’ circle about 10’ away. The one complaint I had about my old gen 3 Glocks was the ejection/brass to face. I never owned a gen 4 but those were supposed to be worse. The gen 5 fixes all that with some other upgrades too that I find valuable.

You do have to be careful to rack the thing smartly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

I think there is also a "new" ejector in some of the newest Gen 5 guns, I think RJ (?) had a post where he replaced a few parts in a Gen5 19 that listed the new part number.
    Yes sir.

It was in my journal. I've knife and forked the posts below. Hope this helps:

11-10-18

Sunday morning before I went to the range I disassembled and cleaned the frame parts. These were the part numbers on my November ‘17 purchase G19.5:

Trigger housing – 33667
    Ejector – 30274
    Connector – Dot
    Trigger Bar – 39701
    Slide Release – 33571-1
    Locking Block – 7894-1

The binding I had felt a while ago in the trigger was much better but not gone. So I ordered from Brownell’s a replacement Trigger mechanism housing (33854) with the upgraded ejector (47021), as well as a new smooth Trigger with trigger bar (39702). When all these parts arrive I will do a 25c trigger job with my Dremel and some Flitz, install and see how they feel.

12-5-18:

Glock 19.5: Did 0.25c trigger job with Dremel and Flitz. Polished the Connector (Dot) and rear lug of the Firing pin. Removed and cleaned the Extractor.

Renewed/polished the following parts:

- New Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector 47208 (with the 47021 Ejector)
    - New Trigger with trigger bar 39702 (polished)
    - New Firing pin safety 33782 (polished)
    - New OEM Extended Slide Release 47249.

Reassembled with a dot of grease in the connector lip.

Subjectively the trigger press seems smoother, about the same weight. No hitch in the take up. Kinda like it used to feel. The extended slide release is easier to release in my hand. I can now hit the release with my thumb.

I had no parts left over, and no springs were launched into low-earth orbit. So far, so good.

Site Supporter
    While picking up my brass after today’s range session with my G19.5, I had to double check if I was indeed shooting a 19.5 and not my P30.

Yep, the brass piles were that consistent.

I'll concur that my MOS will not extract a round by manipulating the slide unless I slingshot quickly.

It also ejects so consistently that I have to watch my distance from the divider in my lane. I'll get dinged with brass when it bounces off if I don't. I definitely have never been hit with brass in the forehead with my 5. As an experiment I bought some of the newest ejector to install in a couple gen 3s. They will smack me once every 5 mags or so, and will not pass the 1911 extraction test. My 5 definitely will eject out the port with no mag installed 100%.

Btw anyone notice the slide gets really hot? I don't ever recall getting my support thumb almost burnt on presentation after burning through some mags with any of my older Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Btw anyone notice the slide gets really hot? I don't ever recall getting my support thumb almost burnt on presentation after burning through some mags with any of my older Glocks.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....t-issues/page9

User Tag List