Thread: Visually stunning jounalism from the Star Tribune

Visually stunning jounalism from the Star Tribune

Anyone who’s followed our forever-long thread on the whole Floyd deal won’t necessarily learn a ton of new info, but this is still worth a look, both for a summary of the last week, and for the absolutely striking visuals. Great interactive essay by the Strib crew.

https://www.startribune.com/george-f...ota/569930771/

WTF: Lane and Kueng approach Floyd, who is in a car with two other people. Lane points his gun at Floyd, who places his hands on the steering wheel. After holstering his gun, Lane pulls him out of the car and handcuffs him.

WTF? Did they leave something out? I'm a big proponent of 'draw early, draw often' but not in this context unless there is something unreported.

Excellent article!

Thanks!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    WTF: Lane and Kueng approach Floyd, who is in a car with two other people. Lane points his gun at Floyd, who places his hands on the steering wheel. After holstering his gun, Lane pulls him out of the car and handcuffs him.

WTF? Did they leave something out? I'm a big proponent of 'draw early, draw often' but not in this context unless there is something unreported.
    I agree that this part is confusing. My understanding is that an officer is first going to use verbal commands to have someone exit a vehicle. If Officer Lane had to pull Mr. Floyd from the vehicle, it suggests the verbal commands were not followed. This part of the story suggests we are missing context or something major has not been included. What about the other occupants of the vehicle? Why did Mr. Floyd draw so much attention? Because he was identified as the person who passed the forged $20 bill?

There were witnesses. My guess the actual events will be forthcoming in the officers trials. I still say we have a racist cop here.

Thanks for posting that.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-04-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Officer Chauvin arrives with his partner, Tou Thao, and the four officers struggle as they put Floyd in the squad car.

Chauvin pulls Floyd from the car. With Floyd lying on his stomach on the street, Chauvin puts his knee on Floyd’s neck.
    I'm curious as to why he was taken back out of the car. The end goal is to get him IN the car. You struggle to do so but get him in there. Then take him back out. Why? Maybe there's some valid reason. If he's hurting himself or slipping his restraints, maybe.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"I'm curious as to why he was taken back out of the car. The end goal is to get him IN the car. You struggle to do so but get him in there. Then take him back out. Why?"
    Boom. Why indeed.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Obviously, anything we say is conjecture at this point.

Maybe the junior officers forgot to search him, although I haven't seen any mention of efforts to search him on the ground.

As someone else mentioned, there were witnesses aplenty, so we'll probably find out in due time.

User Tag List