Thread: Glock 43 to 48

Glock 43 to 48

I would like feedback from anyone that has transitioned from EDC Glock 43 to the 48. Do you feel, since you have already popped for the 48, that it was money well spent and are you happier with the way it shoots (or just as happy), and recommend the change. I know higher capacity, and know that the 48 is getting rave reviews, as most new guns get initially, but do you feel it was worth the money for the change, and if so, why? I find that I grab my 43 when I'm looking for a quick, easy to carry and conceal EDC, and am not necessarily dressed for my 19. Do you actually shoot it better? Too often I'll grab a new gun for EDC and seem to always gravitate back to one that I had previously been carrying. Of course, in today's market of feeding frenzy, finding any compact Glock is a project in and of itself.

The grip alone on the 43x/48 is worth the upgrade to me. Much more comfortable and controllable for me compared to the 43. And 15 round mags make it worth it to me too. It throws spent brass like no one's business too. The standard 43 still conceals slightly better, but I don't have much of a problem with my 48 concealing with just a t-shirt.

I don't notice a huge difference as far as accuracy goes between swapping my 43 slide on my 48. The 48 is slightly softer recoil feeling to me but not by much compared to a 43 slide on it. Maybe I should say slightly slower feeling recoil? A little less snap I guess I'd call it.

I prefer longer barrels so the g48 made more sense for me. But I probably could be just as happy finding a g48 frame on sale somewhere and just putting my 43 slide on it. That's always an option too if you didn't want to purchase a whole new gun.

That said, I think I am actually starting to prefer my sig p365 for an overall ultra small concealable NPE pistol.

I made that change. G43 is quite more concealable. G48 is considerably more shootable, very little difference with G19 really. So yeah, I shoot it better than G43 in every way, whether running a Bill Drill or ringing a steel at 100 yards. I am only keeping my G19s because I think they are better optic hosts and can take 17 mags if needed to.
    If you can conceal the 48 well enough for your concealment requirements, it is not much of a decision IMO.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I have had a 43 on my carry shelf for a few years, and now also have a 48 too. Having a full grip on a gun is going to make a much better fighting gun, and I’d argue the longer slide too, though for some that’s debatable. However, there are times where the added concealability of the 43 is needed. The 48/43 combo is a great combination, to which I go to the default answer - have both.

Have both. The 43 conceals better, the 48 is better at pretty much everything else.

User Tag List