Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FN FNX45 vs Springfield XDM Elite vs Beretta M9A3 - which would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by aimcat View Post
    Hes wanting something diff besides a sig. The only prob with the Beretta is its not fde which he requested.
    Black or FDE options.

https://www.gearfire.com/beretta/?search=M9A3

ETA the correct link.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Guns are like running shoes. I used to run a lot of marathons and people were always asking me what running shoe to get. You can't tell someone what works for them. Too many variables. They'll just have to try one and if it doesn't work, buy another pair. So try to trick him into saying, in casual conversation, what gun he would like to have that he doesn't have. This shouldn't be too hard to do. If he says a Wilson EDC x9, well, you may have to get him a good knife. This could be a fun project if done right, but an expensive waste of money if a poor choice is made.

Sorry i mean the one I can get locally is black. I have yo have by friday so no time to order. What would be the runner up to the beretta?

Of those three, the Beretta every day and twice on Sunday. They're simply light years better than either of the other options. Color is not that important, compared to accuracy, reliability, shooting comfort, and overall build quality.

Sorry i mean the one I can get locally is black. I have yo have by friday so no time to order. What would be the runner up to the beretta?
    I'd wait for the Beretta. If there were only two pistols left in the world, and they were the two on your list, I'd probably take the XDM because of the FN mag well video.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I have yo have by friday so no time to order.
    You sound like me shopping at the last minute for my wife for her birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, etc.

If you can't get the actual gun you want within your time frame, I'd be more inclined to give a picture of the gun with a card telling him this is what he's going to get to hold him over until the gun arrives, rather than choose something I didn't think he really wanted.

On the other hand, if you think he'd prefer something else, don't let us try to talk you into a Beretta. You know him better than we do.

So basically if I get one you guys are all saying get the Beretta even in black? What color would you pick? The beretta is the one that comes in the special case?
    Would the beretta be over the sigs he has?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    All 3 of those look like SIG Sauer pistols to me. Seems like he would really like another SIG.
    Looks like the special someone primarily buys Sig. Although they are all Sig, these three all are different action types (TDA, SFA, SAO), so it's hard to know more about this person's preference aside from the Sig brand. In the OP's position, I guess I would ask which one gets the most range time and find something mechanically similar to that (or a duplicate copy of the same pistol). However, if none of them get that much range time, then I would just buy whatever is cheapest.

Would the beretta be over the sigs he has?
    You probably can't get it by Friday (maybe you can, though), but since you're in the price range, I think the folks on the forum may recommend the Beretta 92 Elite LTT from Langdon Tactical, if you're looking for something better than the SIGs.

https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt-full-size/

Site Supporter
    90% of people on this forum aren’t going to pick a gun based on color.

Having said that, I like Hambo’s idea of giving a picture of the FDE Beretta if color is an important part of the purchase for you or him. I would rather wait a month or two for a beretta than own an FN or XDM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List