Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FN FNX45 vs Springfield XDM Elite vs Beretta M9A3 - which would you buy?

I've narrowed down to getting the sig v-tac 320, glock 26, glock 19, chiappa rhino 60ds, or maybe a .22.

Your friend has a strong like of Sigs, so of your new "narrowed" list (which is longer than your initial list!), I'd say he might be happiest with the P320. As others have noted, if you can find an M17 commemorative, it's FDE.

After that, I'd opt for the G19 - it's a fullish sized striker fired pistol - a niche that's not "filled" in his current stable. I'd skip the G26, because as others have pointed out, the compact/sub compact striker fired pistol role is already filled by the P365.

I'd pass on the Rhino, but if you're just looking for something quirky that is "different" from his current pistols, it is that in spades.

There are WAY too many .22s (handguns and rifles) on the market to even START looking at those for a quick pick.

Quote Originally Posted by aimcat View Post
    I've narrowed down to getting the sig v-tac 320, glock 26, glock 19, chiappa rhino 60ds, or maybe a .22.
    A Glock 19 is probably the “right” buy, considering what he already owns.

The “fun” buy would be the V-Tac (great shooter, FDE), M17 (its the new issued sidearm of the US Army and is FDE), or 19X (combines a shorter Glock 19 slide with a longer Glock 17 grip and ammo capacity, and is widely viewed as a great shooter; also FDE).

Out of your narrowed list, VTAC P320 or Glock G19. Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    From the narrowed list-G19 all day long. Reliability, robustness, availability of OEM mags, price of OEM mags, avai. and price of training mags (Magpul), avail. of holsters and mag pouches, avail of night sight options, avail of parts, ability to service in the field and

AVAILABILITY OF THE GADGET

Seriously, this solves the hardware issue. Move on to the software challenge re training etc.

@aimcat, Don't leave us hanging...what did you pick???

Well as a .45 guy, not the Beretta.

As a gunsmith, and since the XD needs special tools I can't get (from the factory) it can go to hell.

FN 45 for the win.

Cat

User Tag List