Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FN FNX45 vs Springfield XDM Elite vs Beretta M9A3 - which would you buy?

FN FNX45 vs Springfield XDM Elite vs Beretta M9A3 - which would you buy?

Looking for a gift for someone special and I know any of these guns he will like, but which one would you choose? The FN and XDM are FDE color the Beretta is black....he loves the FDE color, but the Beretta looks like a gun he would love. What are your thoughts? Which would you pick....pricing is as such....FNX45 950-1000, Beretta 1000, XDM Elite 630.

M9A3 will probably be the overwhelming preference here among the three. However, in my short time here, I've noticed that hammer fired traditional double action pistols are much more popular here than among gun owners in general. The original color the M9A3 was released in was FDE, so I would think it would be easier to find the FDE version than black.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Beretta by miles. The final iteration of something that has stood the test of time. Our country's service sidearm for 35 years, and another ten years of production and development before that. The cosmetics of the design go back to the '50s.

The others are second-tier efforts at plastic people poppers by companies that have earned strong reputations for such things. In my mind, FN is about Hi Powers and rifles and Springfield is about 1911s.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Perhaps the M9A3 at the local store is black, but I suspect the FDE version is more common.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    The original color the M9A3 was released in was FDE, so I would think it would be easier to find the FDE version than black.
    Beretta M9A3 https://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a3/

I can't see a post about an FNX and not think of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTsFB1ejo8

It's probably only with that one particular gun with those particular circumstances, but it's still out there.

Let me ask this these are his other hand guns I know one is a sig...i want something that will be a little different.

Name:  20200603_170550.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  60.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Beretta.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm assuming this is a specific list of guns that this person wants which you have somehow acquired.

If so, and money truly is no object, I'd probably get the Beretta. You won't find a lot of love for the XDm or FNX series of pistols here.

That said, if these 3 pistols are the only guns on his wishlist, I'd probably just get him whichever is cheapest as it sounds like he'll love whatever you buy

Quote Originally Posted by aimcat View Post
    Let me ask this these are his other hand guns I know one is a sig...i want something that will be a little different.

Name:  20200603_170550.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  60.1 KB
    All 3 of those look like SIG Sauer pistols to me. Seems like he would really like another SIG.

If you forced me to buy a new SIG, I'd probably buy this one: https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...ounds/p/p41612

Yep, Beretta is the way to go.

If you can, you might explore whether another Beretta model might be better. There’s the new 92X, as well as the Elite LTT. He may not be aware of them, and if it were me, I’d choose one of those over the M9A3 (unless he specifically needs a threaded barrel or something).

Hes wanting something diff besides a sig. The only prob with the Beretta is its not fde which he requested.

Quote Originally Posted by aimcat View Post
    The only prob with the Beretta is its not fde which he requested.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Perhaps the M9A3 at the local store is black, but I suspect the FDE version is more common.

Beretta M9A3 https://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a3/

User Tag List