Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malkin: Get Up Off Your Knees

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Leaving out the Proud Boys paragraph, I get that being problematic...
    What's the issue with the gist of the article? I don't know shit about Michelle Malkin otherwise, maybe that's what I'm missing.. To be honest, I'm catching some virtue signal vibes in this thread. Not interested in stirring the pot, just confused. I guess I don't get it.
    Personally, I’ve always disliked rah-rah speeches like I’m so simple minded I wouldn’t have thought of it myself (ie not letting somebody loot my home). It’s just rather simpleminded pandering that provides no new information or understanding of the situation and was simply written to make people feel good.

I also don’t have a problem with officers taking a knee with peaceful protestors (that has happened several times in my state) and doesn’t make me sick at all.

In the end I don’t want to see or read emotionally driven media from either half of the shit sandwich we’re in now. As Joe Friday said “just the facts ma’am”. I’ll make my own decisions on how I react to what is happening in the world around me. Or as an 8 year old me would have screamed at my parents before getting my ass beat and knowing it was going to get my ass beat “Don’t tell me how to think!”
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Personally, I’ve always disliked rah-rah speeches like I’m so simple minded I wouldn’t have thought of it myself (ie not letting somebody loot my home). It’s just rather simpleminded pandering that provides no new information or understanding of the situation and was simply written to make people feel good.

I also don’t have a problem with officers taking a knee with peaceful protestors (that has happened several times in my state) and doesn’t make me sick at all.

In the end I don’t want to see or read emotionally driven media from either half of the shit sandwich we’re in now. As Joe Friday said “just the facts ma’am”. I’ll make my own decisions on how I react to what is happening in the world around me. Or as an 8 year old me would have screamed at my parents before getting my ass beat and knowing it was going to get my ass beat “Don’t tell me how to think!”
    Fair enough, I can dig it.

Leaving out the Proud Boys paragraph, I get that being problematic...
    What's the issue with the gist of the article? I don't know shit about Michelle Malkin otherwise, maybe that's what I'm missing.. To be honest, I'm catching some virtue signal vibes in this thread. Not interested in stirring the pot, just confused. I guess I don't get it.
    Well, if your definition of "virtue signaling" is thinking commentators should actually talk about events with thought and depth, and show a familiarity with building arguments based in logic, yup.

My political distance from this guy is huge, but at least he's actually talking about something and not just spewing assertions:

https://www.traditionalright.com/

Admittedly, he's also a completely open racist. (Victoria, his magnum opus, is basically The Turner Diaries, SF edition, minus the anti-semitism --I think, don't hold me to that).

But at least he shows evidence of intelligent thought, and intellectual consistency. Malkin is obviously willing to cater to anything she thinks her audience is into, give the most superficial defense/analysis possible, then go off crowing ultimate victory, rah rah for our side.

She's Richard Spencer's dream girl.

Seriously, the internment camps were awesome, but The "we admit we have an oath not to touch ourselves" Proud Boys ( because they sure aren't men) are examples of oppressed freedom fighters? If this was RR, I'd give a far more graphic analogy for her type of pandering.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Well, if your definition of "virtue signaling" is thinking commentators should actually talk about events with thought and depth, and show a familiarity with building arguments based in logic, yup.

My political distance from this guy is huge, but at least he's actually talking about something and not just spewing assertions:

https://www.traditionalright.com/

Admittedly, he's also a completely open racist. (Victoria, his magnum opus, is basically The Turner Diaries, SF edition, minus the anti-semitism --I think, don't hold me to that).

But at least he shows evidence of intelligent thought, and intellectual consistency. Malkin is obviously willing to cater to anything she thinks her audience is into, give the most superficial defense/analysis possible, then go off crowing ultimate victory, rah rah for our side.

She's Richard Spencer's dream girl.

Seriously, the internment camps were awesome, but The "we admit we have an oath not to touch ourselves" Proud Boys ( because they sure aren't men) are examples of oppressed freedom fighters? If this was RR, I'd give a far more graphic analogy for her type of pandering.
    The "virtue signal vibes" comment was a little trigger happy, my apologies.

Typing on my phone and my patience for that is measured in tens of seconds, but I will respond more thoroughly later.

You say Proud Boys and my brain wiring short circuited and I thought of Duran's Duran's "Wild Boys" Now I can't get that song out of my head. Why do you hate me so much!

The "virtue signal vibes" comment was a little trigger happy, my apologies.

Typing on my phone and my patience for that is measured in tens of seconds, but I will respond more thoroughly later.
    If I had saw your second post before I dropped mine, it might have been a trifle mellower. 😉

No worries.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You say Proud Boys and my brain wiring short circuited and I thought of Duran's Duran's "Wild Boys" Now I can't get that song out of my head. Why do you hate me so much!

At least you're not hungry like the wolf.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Malkin mentioning that the Proud Boys have been attacked in many ways because of standing up to Antifa does not really equal her holding them up as the height of righteousness. I believe she is just providing an example of a group that has physically stood up against them and what they have endured because of it.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Malkin mentioning that the Proud Boys have been attacked in many ways because of standing up to Antifa does not really equal her holding them up as the height of righteousness. I believe she is just providing an example of a group that has physically stood up against them and what they have endured because of it.
    Two groups of dipshits out to turn America into Weimar Germany, IMO.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Two groups of dipshits out to turn America into Weimar Germany, IMO.
    If things ever get that bad, I'd blame the lockdown destroying the economy, not these two tiny fringe groups. And you seem upset that most voters don't care for 'logical arguments, thoughtful analysis' where have you been the last 20 years? 'Hope & Change / Build the Wall' whatever it takes you have to win before anything else. Filipina step mommy Malkin might be the only one who can motivate these Proud Lost Boys, let her do her thing.

User Tag List