Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malkin: Get Up Off Your Knees

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    If things ever get that bad, I'd blame the lockdown destroying the economy, not these two tiny fringe groups. And you seem upset that most voters don't care for 'logical arguments, thoughtful analysis' where have you been the last 20 years? 'Hope & Change / Build the Wall' whatever it takes you have to win before anything else. Filipina step mommy Malkin might be the only one who can motivate these Proud Lost Boys, let her do her thing.
    I actually view those groups (and that's a loose statement for ANTIFA, almost more a tactic than a coherent group) more as symptoms than drivers of events.

But IMO, any group that really wants to get into "physical confrontations" with their political enemies is a bad thing. Get enough of them on both sides and then you end up with a "strong leader" who cancels any free elections from there on in.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Ever since Michelle Malkin defended the historical internment of Japanese-Americans in camps, I cannot take anything she says seriously.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_D..._of_Internment

A real civil libertarian.

I wonder how she would feel if Japanese-Americans (sorry, no other term works) had physically resisted internment?
    Well, she is Filipina and there is no love lost between the Japanese and the Pinoy’s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Well, she is Filipina and there is no love lost between the Japanese and the Pinoy’s.
    She was born in the USA and is ostensibly supposed to possess and represent strong American values. Frankly, I think she's anything but.

If we use the logic quoted, I, (and many others here), may as well despise every German for the atrocities which were committed several decades ago.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    At least you're not hungry like the wolf.
    He just has Careless Memories.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    She was born in the USA and is ostensibly supposed to possess and represent strong American values. Frankly, I think she's anything but.

If we use the logic quoted, I, (and many others here), may as well despise every German for the atrocities which were committed several decades ago.
    You don’t ? Not even a little ?

A lot of those old grudges never really go away, they just hide below the surface when times are good.

A lot of those old grudges never really go away, they just hide below the surface when times are good.
    I have an almost what I'd call a native mistrust and no desire to visit...

...but I've also had friends that were born in Germany, (not Jews), and was friends with an old man when I was a young man who fought in the German army in WWII. (And had the bayonet scars to prove it.) Willie was probably the man who showed me that not all Germans were to be distrusted.

(I worked with Willie during my summer break from my sophomore year in college. He was a machinist, and I was a machinist apprentice at Galbraith-Pilot Marine Corp. in Brooklyn)
    Last edited by blues; 06-05-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Site Supporter

Driving 140MPH on the autobahn generates a lot of forgiveness. Worth trying.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Driving 140MPH on the autobahn generates a lot of forgiveness. Worth trying.
    I've done 140 on a motorcycle with my wife on the back slapping me to put some more throttle into it. I'll pass. (Get it? Pass? )

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've done 140 on a motorcycle with my wife on the back slapping me to put some more throttle into it. I'll pass. (Get it? Pass? )
    You've got a keeper!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List