Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Elite LTT Compact vs. Sig p229 Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I own a LTT Elite 92G and a Brigadier Tactical 92G that was tuned by Ernest. I've done some of my best shooting with these pistols - I'm definitely a Pizzagun fan.

That said, were I to commit to DA/SA pistols again, I'd give Langdon Tactical's PX4 series a serious look. The compact 92s aren't terribly compact and I find them the least compelling models in the 92 lineup, whereas the PX4 CC is a lot of pistol in a small package. Also, I've found the highly tuned 92s with light hammer springs to have great triggers but they can also be picky about what ammunition they'll reliably ignite. The PX4s don't seem to suffer from this problem.

No wrong answer here - any LTT Beretta is a solid choice.
    Good advice. I have them all and despite being really jazzed to get a compact to accompany my full size LTT I'm not overwhelmingly enamored with it yet. PX4 punches above its weight class.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    I'm a long ways from an expert. Just some idiot that likes to shoot. I can't cite much experience with Sigs, but I'm not a huge fan, especially at their price point.

I actually just got rid of the 92 Compact I had. It was very "Landonized", LTT grips, G kit, oversize mag catch, TJIB. Was a super nice gun, but I found myself wanting to stick with all full size grip pistols in 92's. This means as of this week I'm now EDCing my LTT Centurion, my M9 is about to take a back seat because I'm also going to primarily railed pistols. Got to pick up another LTT frame this weekend and making a bit of a Frankengun out of it.

Anyhow, the 92 compact is great, but it's really not all that terribly compact. I'd say take a gander at a Centurion, or as was mentioned check out a PX4 compact. I've got one of those, too, and it's a great carry size. For me, still a bit of gut going on, to carry it AIWB, I really need a full size PX4 holster so I doesn't fall out of my pants. However, for what they are, I really like the little guy.

229 vs Beretta compact? Pick one. There really isnt a substantial difference in their size or function.

There are some obvious differences in their form though. I prefer berettas. I think they're easier to work on, faster to shoot, have better triggers, and i just like them more.

Sig metal guns are solid though and like another poster stated will be easier to get a rds mounted lower which might be important to you.

You have a great handgun with that P229 legion. The LTT pistols are the apex of the 92 series, so that would be an excellent choice as well. For me, out of those two I would pick the LTT Compact based on a few personal reasons. The major reason for me is my hand size. I have a P229 and with slim G10 grips and short reach trigger, the trigger reach on the DA pull is ok for me, but not ideal. With the 92 Compact Inox I own I have installed LTT grips and a WC short reach trigger. The reach is much better for me on the DA pull. My 92 compact also has a TJIB, so the trigger is outstanding. I have a G conversion kit that I am installing next as well.

So, to be honest I have a 92 Elite LTT full size along with other 92 series handguns. I have a Sig P229, MK25 and standard P226. Out of those I am more accurate with the MK25, but not by much. However, I also own several CZ P09 pistols and a P07. I shoot those more accurately with les effort that any of the Beretta or Sigs I own.

I guess in the end are you looking to replace the P229 Legion if you get an LTT? i f the Legion works for you just run and train with it. Get an LTT as well if you want one. You cant go wrong.

I have both and by far the Langdon gun has a much better trigger. I find the 92 compact is a little too small for my hand, so I prefer the Centurion. If the compact fits your hand I’d go with that over a Legion.

I also have the LTT PX4 Compact, and it’s been my go to for off duty carry for a while now. Flawless function, and with the new LTT trigger bar it’s even better.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    If you love the 226, the common holsters etc should sway you to the 229.
    My P229s' slides are slightly wider then my P226/P220 slides. IIRC, it's only .1" wider, but it is enough so that a tight fitting holster may not be compatible.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I just sold a p229. I like Sigs and still have a p239. The p229 just didn't fit my hand that well and I never could shoot it. I think I'm moving to HK for anymore pistols. I just purchased an HK45 and I like it yugely. Very fantastic and amazing.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I like "classic" Sigs and every DA/SA gun I own is a Sig P-series. I didn't particularly care for the Legion, personally. I like the grips and controls, but do not care for the sights or the trigger. A standard Short Reset Trigger and Sig's custom shop "action enhancement package" has had very good results for me. I have nothing against Beretta, I just don't want to bother with the logistics of another type of pistol. More magazines, more holsters, more spare spring kits, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Vending Machine Operator
    I honestly like both of the guns listed, but if value for dollar is part of the calculation, Beretta is the easy winner. That disparity is especially flagrant in the base models, as a $550-600 92-series is easily the quality equal of an $800-900 P-series.

Also, just as an editorial note in terms of longevity, it seems like Sig is nudging aside their classic series every year to allow for the higher profit margins on the P320 series. Less classic P-series every year, the P220 is all-but-discontinued except for high end models, and it feels like the P-series guns days are numbered. Which is a damn shame. Whereas the 92-series is undergoing a renaissance and is not going anywhere anytime soon. Things to consider for future accessory and holster availability.

I'd choose the Italian, but as my sig line shows (hah, my sig line) I'm not exactly neutral here.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Also, just as an editorial note in terms of longevity, it seems like Sig is nudging aside their classic series every year to allow for the higher profit margins on the P320 series. Less classic P-series every year, the P220 is all-but-discontinued except for high end models, and it feels like the P-series guns days are numbered. Which is a damn shame. Whereas the 92-series is undergoing a renaissance and is not going anywhere anytime soon. Things to consider for future accessory and holster availability.
    I've noticed that, and I agree - that's a shame. Definitely something to consider when one is evaluating things.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback so far. As expected, you've given me a lot to think about, and I appreciate it.

User Tag List