Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Elite LTT Compact vs. Sig p229 Legion?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have nothing against Beretta, I just don't want to bother with the logistics of another type of pistol. More magazines, more holsters, more spare spring kits, etc.
    This is why I basically don't buy any guns besides 1911s and Beretta 92s lately.

I've briefly considered the PX4 series but every time I think about another holster, five more mags and all the other parts to upgrade I stop considering.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    This is why I basically don't buy any guns besides 1911s and Beretta 92s lately.

I've briefly considered the PX4 series but every time I think about another holster, five more mags and all the other parts to upgrade I stop considering.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Beretta never did get that mag compatibility concept. The PX4 did need a wider magazine if it wanted to be competitive in the .40 world (which was more popular when that gun was released), but then the go an release the APX with yet a different magazine.

I’ll add to the “give the PX4” a shot. An LTT PX4 is what a Sig Legion wishes it could be (or should have been) IMO. With the OP Trigger bar now basically giving the PX4 an even better reset than a P22X series with SRT I’d say it’s not even a competition between the two manufacturers.

Sig QC remains fairly spotty from what I’ve gathered, plus fuck Cohen and the company’s shady practices of late.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Sig QC remains fairly spotty from what I’ve gathered, plus fuck Cohen and the company’s shady practices of late.
    I wasn't aware of that. I knew that Cohen's reputation when he was with Kimber was less than stellar, but I hadn't heard anything about any shady practices since he's been at Sig. I'll do some digging. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Yeah, Beretta never did get that mag compatibility concept. The PX4 did need a wider magazine if it wanted to be competitive in the .40 world (which was more popular when that gun was released), but then the go an release the APX with yet a different magazine.
    I see this complaint a lot on forums, but I often wonder "compared to what"? Heck, I don't think you can't even use the same mags in all SIG P229 variants, let alone in an SP2022 or a P320.

The 92/PX4/APX are all different guns. Logistially, it may be helpful if they all used the same mags, but I wouldn't have expected them too.

If design and technology moves along and they develop a better mag, I'm all for that rather than having a gun introduced in 2020 saddled with a mag design from 1980.

Specific to your OP. ASSUMING it's running reliably, it depends on if you're willing to put up with your ergonomic issues. You could try moving your mag release to the strong hand side and engage it with your trigger or middle finger. You could try engaging the slide catch with weak hand. Would the E2 grips reduce grip circumference and solve your reach problem?

Get a Beretta if you want to be one of the cool kids. Keep the SIG if you don't mind folks telling how much your gun sucks, and Cohen.

Non specifics.
    Ergonomics. Some folks normal hand position decocks the P22X unintentionally. Some folks normal hand position engages the slide catch lever, preventing slide lock on an empty mag. If you don't have that problem, then I don't see that as a reason to change.

Red dot. LTT is developing a RDS mount for the 92 series. Like everything else they're doing, I'm sure it will be solid. It will also be untested by the broader market. There are thousands of TDA SIGs out there with RDS. It's established and just about any shop can do them.

I've "read" the finish on Legion series is weak.

Grayguns, The Sig Armorer, and I'm sure several other operations are offering upgrading SIG triggers.

------------------

I like the CZ P-07 and PX4 for this size too. My Personal Experience of two each, others report differently: The triggers on MY CZ's were awful and grip texture is tolerable. The PX4 is the opposite. It needs more texture, but the trigger is pretty good with an inexpensive spring change.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Get a Beretta if you want to be one of the cool kids. Keep the SIG if you don't mind folks telling how much your gun sucks, and Cohen.
    This is spot on, lol.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I see this complaint a lot on forums, but I often wonder "compared to what"? Heck, I don't think you can't even use the same mags in all SIG P229 variants, let alone in an SP2022 or a P320.

The 92/PX4/APX are all different guns. Logistially, it may be helpful if they all used the same mags, but I wouldn't have expected them too.

If design and technology moves along and they develop a better mag, I'm all for that rather than having a gun introduced in 2020 saddled with a mag design from 1980.
    To me the gold standard for doing this right is HK. They developed a nearly perfect pistol mag for the P30 and made it work in the completely different VP9.

It's not something I expect, necessarily, but would have been a nice feature in the APX, since I have a zillion 92 mags. Then again, I got my APX for $324, and I'm definitely not complaining about the quality of gun I got for that much money. Even if it does look fugly as all hell.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    To me the gold standard for doing this right is HK. They developed a nearly perfect pistol mag for the P30 and made it work in the completely different VP9.
    Yes, but what if HK was still trying to use the polymer mag from the full size USP 9/40 in the P30 and VP9? You wouldn't have ended up with that nearly perfect P30 mag.

I'm sure there were folks complaining when the P30 was introduced that they couldn't use their USP mags in the P30 and how dumb HK was for doing that. They changed out the mag, and HK fans ended up with a better mag, and guns with smaller grip circumference.

Others have hinted at a difference, but I think it needs to be said. The customer service and quality control of LTT are above and beyond whereas SIG's service and QC have been known to be less than stellar. That means choosing the LTT is much more likely to result in a pistol that runs out of the box. And, if there is an issue, LTT will make it right.

User Tag List