Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Beretta 92 Elite LTT Compact vs. Sig p229 Legion?

I’m a fan of older West German Sigs, and for many years I thought the US had chosen the wrong pistol back in the 80s.

With that being said, I’d spend my money on an LTT 92 over any current Sig pistol.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I've been a SIG fanboy starting since I was a high schooler who thought it was the best pistol in Counterstrike and I've owned pretty much all of them over the years since.

I don't have any of them anymore and have settled on the Beretta. ymmv.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Even though I have always been a Sig fan, use them for any DA/SA needs and am geared up with them, at this point in time I would steer anyone looking at TDA for carry to a Beretta. In addition to the QC issues with post Cohen production, they appear to be slowly moving away from DA/SA pistols and toward SFA only. Also, Beretta appears fully committed to supporting the 92/PX4 platforms and their relationship with EL and his support of there products is a huge selling point.
    As a side note, if Sig would ever get their heads out of their rear ends, and make a compact polymer framed DA/SA pistol or even one around the size of the 365XL, they would sell very well. Even a P239 sized gun with a polymer frame using that small double stack mag from the 365XL would really do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Actsda View Post
    Even though I have always been a Sig fan, use them for any DA/SA needs and am geared up with them, at this point in time I would steer anyone looking at TDA for carry to a Beretta. In addition to the QC issues with post Cohen production, they appear to be slowly moving away from DA/SA pistols and toward SFA only. Also, Beretta appears fully committed to supporting the 92/PX4 platforms and their relationship with EL and his support of there products is a huge selling point.
    As a side note, if Sig would ever get their heads out of their rear ends, and make a compact polymer framed DA/SA pistol or even one around the size of the 365XL, they would sell very well. Even a P239 sized gun with a polymer frame using that small double stack mag from the 365XL would really do well.
    That does seem to be the direction Sig is moving in, with the new military contract and all. Guns like he p239 are already discontinued, and mags and parts become somewhat more difficult to find year by year. You'd assume it would be a while before that would happen to the p229, but with the direction they're going (even with the p220 now) there are no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It's gonna be a lot more difficult to mount an RDS on a 92 than a P229, would be my first concern, short of using a dovetail mount.
    Ernest Langdon in another thread has said they have mounted a red dot on a 92 and they are waiting on patents before they begin the service to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92x View Post
    Ernest Langdon in another thread has said they have mounted a red dot on a 92 and they are waiting on patents before they begin the service to allow it.
    I'm actually OK without the red dot, as I haven't tried those yet. It looks like something that, at least for me, I'd want to either jump completely into or avoid completely. With the limited training I do, I don't think bouncing back and forth between dots and irons is a good idea. So I'd be fine with the Beretta if the technology was never developed. But, I know a lot of people love them, so I'm glad they're working on getting it done.

User Tag List