Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raven P-25

I worked a lot of cases involving the Raven .25 Auto - they were very popular with bad guys and good guys alike.

I've posted this before I think; a recovered 35 gr Hornady XTP from a guy that took a dirt nap after breaking in on a woman in the middle of the night. She tried to dissuade him with OC initially but he didn't pick up on her vibe so she whacked him with her Raven.

Last edited by 41magfan; 06-06-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Gun Tests? I remember one of their tests; it was a wondernine, 18 shot, and it was so bad they recommended throwing it at an opponent.
    The Rogak, the USA knockoff of the Steyr GB. Its reputation was not good.

https://youtu.be/li9WbNKCwZM
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    The Rogak, the USA knockoff of the Steyr GB. Its reputation was not good.

https://youtu.be/li9WbNKCwZM
    I think that was it!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I only have experience with one Raven. I have worked extensively with Jennings/Bryco/Jimenez guns. The JBJ guns are more accurate than most people can shoot them, probably because they have a fixed barrel. They also can be a lot more reliable than they are given credit for. The technique I used to achieve reliability was the Armand Swenson gunsmithing method. I swapped the springs around between 5 or 6 different guns until it would shoot 3 magazines of five rounds reliably. At that point, the gun will become pretty much trouble free. That's not a solution for the typical user but it was very successful for me.
    I bought a Jimenez JA-22 after reading your TPI thread on them a few years back and it's been a great little gun for what it is.

User Tag List