Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season 2020

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Isaias's track potentially is going to fuck up a lot of people's day.

Name:  isiais.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  102.2 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I just checked with Frankie McDonald, hes on top of the weather issues. He has good advice on preparing also, like stock up on pizzas and such.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Yeah, hope all in the path of this Hurricane / Tropical Storm are ok. We've posted our plans before; signage up on my property right now:

Name:  beer.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  40.1 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    National Weather Service

https://www.noaa.gov/isaias
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Sitting here at 8am in relatively sunny NW palm beach county with zero rain at the moment and zero wind.

This one was a good exercise for us. Got the gas, got the generator started, checked a few other things, ordered a few things I found missing...

BTW, is this storm’s name a sign of the times? Even the hurricanes have to be woke now?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Last time we had a hurricane on this path we evacuated Fayetteville and couldn't get back for three days because this area is sand and swamps. Roads were flooded and closed. We are staying this time. Prayers, crossed fingers, and hoping we have no issues.
    --Jason--

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The Naval Research Lab forecast track has shifted a little to the west. Charleston, SC and NYC are now on the centerline.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Last time we had a hurricane on this path we evacuated Fayetteville and couldn't get back for three days because this area is sand and swamps. Roads were flooded and closed. We are staying this time. Prayers, crossed fingers, and hoping we have no issues.
    Yeah Fayetteville and Lumberton are not good places to be when the waters rise.

Looks like this will be a quickly moving storm, so hopefully flooding won't be as bad as last time.

Expecting 5 inches of rain in my AO, going to have to make sure the storm drain doesn't back up and flood my yard... REALLY hoping I don't lose power...

Edit: Just realized I had 7 cubic yards of mulch in front of my house and I had to shovel a path for the water to escape...
    Last edited by Grey; 08-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Brutal lightning and rain here. Just turned my HVAC and electronic devices back on.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List