Thread: px4 firing pin block safety reinstallation

px4 firing pin block safety reinstallation

I am putting in the m94 safeties on my px4 and I managed to pop out the firing pin block and somehow shear the block spring. I got a new spring, and can't manage to get it and the block back into the slide correctly. It will sit loosely, and when I depress it to replace the firing pin, the firing pin will slip about halfway in, then both it and the pin block are stuck.

I imagine I am probably overlooking something pretty simple here, but several YouTube videos have been no help.

Thanks!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I am putting in the m94 safeties on my px4 and I managed to pop out the firing pin block and somehow shear the block spring. I got a new spring, and can't manage to get it and the block back into the slide correctly. It will sit loosely, and when I depress it to replace the firing pin, the firing pin will slip about halfway in, then both it and the pin block are stuck.

I imagine I am probably overlooking something pretty simple here, but several YouTube videos have been no help.

Thanks!
    I installed my carry levers on my PX4 and had problems as well. I imagine it's similar in that it has to be in just right way it appears more sensitive than a toothache. Hopefully someone with experience installing m94 safeties can weigh in. I was sending in my Beretta for another issue under warranty anyway and they reinstalled them. It looked right to me, but obviously something wasn't seated correctly.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I installed my carry levers on my PX4 and had problems as well. I imagine it's similar in that it has to be in just right way it appears more sensitive than a toothache. Hopefully someone with experience installing m94 safeties can weigh in. I was sending in my Beretta for another issue under warranty anyway and they reinstalled them. It looked right to me, but obviously something wasn't seated correctly.
    Sounds like a spring issue, maybe?

I realized my gunsmith hadn't put the safety spring in properly (I think) while breaking down mine.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List