Thread: Holster Attachments When Not Wearing A Belt

Holster Attachments When Not Wearing A Belt

I re-purposed a Raven Eidolon with Ulti-Clips to carry a G26 when wearing gym shorts or sweats with no belt. I find the Ulti-Clips do fine and hold firmly. Some have suggested the DCC clips work well in this situation, but I would think the DCCs would be really rough on the waistband on shorts / sweats. Experiences?

Repeated practice drawing from a utiliclipped holster will have its own pattern of wear upon a waistband; though two utiliclips sounds much more desirable than one. DCC clips have the distinct advantage of not being able to have the closure actuated accidentally, or for that same closure to so readily catch the edge of a passing fingernail during garment clearance.

I've laminated on preemptive reinforcements and repairs onto the insides of waistbands for others in the past, in support of them running utiliclips. If I really was dedicating to such a setup (preference to DCCs), I'd probably laminate a slightly thicker core inside of the waistband and then a cover layer over the top of it, for the clips to more definitively engage onto; but that's not within the realm of things for most, and it's not strictly necessary for many shorts. Fight shorts do well in this application.

Might I beg the favor of a picture of your setup, please? I'd love to see the double-clipped setup.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Might I beg the favor of a picture of your setup, please? I'd love to see the double-clipped setup.
    Name:  Eidolon with Ulticlips.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  51.5 KB

Site Supporter
    I use DCC clips on just about everything now. They work great on the belt and grab the waistband of my shorts/sweats really well too. They don't wear the waistband out at all, but I don't do repeated draws without a belt either.

User Tag List