Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hardest thing I've done with a gun

Congrats. Are you going to update the Bianchi thread with more video and commentary about the other stages?

Bianchi is on my list of things to do. All my shooting time is currently sucked up by USPSA and I can't go out there without serious, specific practice. I have been toying a little with the stages though while practicing for USPSA. The only thing I can't set up a my current range is the running man. How did you practice for that?

In no particular order:

1) Passing the FBI Bulleye course for their LE Instructors class, especially on test day. Once I realized I needed to shoot one load and know my pistol's zero with that load, it got a lot easier.

2) Shoot with both eyes open. I don't have a strongly dominant eye and it was not easy for me.

3) Rogers - I ended up shooting a 106 with my P220 which I honestly think was the best I could shoot at the time. I ended up shooting "advanced" on the short range carbine and I was real happy with that.

The hardest thing I have done with a gun is to explain to the wife why I needed another gun. Sorry could not help myself
    Cracker

We all have to start somewhere. The hardest (scariest) thing I have had to do with a gun was at my first steel match when they had a surprise extra stage set up with a barrier that we had to shoot around from each side. I had never shot in any position but full extension, two handed. That was a huge thing for me, to shoot in a new way in front of a bunch of people (men) when I wasn't expecting it at all. Shooting while balancing on a board and reaching around the left side (right handed) was a real challenge, and I walked away with a big grin. That was my best stage that day

This was in April, lol.

I shot a local 2 day pistol class about 18 months ago with the Beretta 92. I did good to fair in the class generally, but not the best by far. The final drill of the weekend was the Federal Air Marshal course as enumerated here http://www.thegunzone.com/fam-lawman/fam-qual.html

I ran it clean. Best run of the 10 shooters in the class. I have never done that well before or since on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    I shot a local 2 day pistol class about 18 months ago with the Beretta 92. I did good to fair in the class generally, but not the best by far. The final drill of the weekend was the Federal Air Marshal course as enumerated here http://www.thegunzone.com/fam-lawman/fam-qual.html

I ran it clean. Best run of the 10 shooters in the class. I have never done that well before or since on it.
    Nice!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List