Red fiber optic front. Wider than most shooters, as I prefer a .125" blade width and an .060" diameter optic rod.

Prefer a fixed plain black rear sight with a .144" (or thereabouts) wide notch. A good adjustable sight is fine, too.

I also like gold or brass bead insert in the front sight with the same rear sight as mentioned.

But after many years of shooting iron sights on a pistol, I recently started shooting a RDS (Trijicon SRO with 5 MOA dot) in CO Division and after only three matches, I am QUICKLY growing into a big fan.

I am a "Super Senior" competitor, so I need all the sighting advantages I can get.

In my experience, sights are a very personal thing, and the best approach is to experiment with different options until you find the sight combination that allows you to perform at your best. It may not be the sight that you "think" you like based on aesthetics, someone else's opinion, or even dry firing in the store or your gun room. Look at the results on the range, and begin fine tuning when you can. It's a process, and a process that quite likely will change based on changes in your eyesight or even your skill level.