Thread: Agency M2 and the Beretta 1301

Agency M2 and the Beretta 1301

Before my weekend shooting trip got interrupted by all this nonsense in the cities, my friends and I took our pistols, rifles, and shoties out to the desert for a relaxing weekend of shooting. My two friends just picked up their Agency m2's and I brought my 1301 that I have written about here before. I have some nice additions from Aridus Industries to enhance the Beretta a bit. We were shooting mostly steel and other random targets. We ended up shooting about 150 rounds a piece through the shotguns. Not a lot of shooting, but enough to think about what worked and what didn't.

First of all the Agency's are beautiful. They will be the first to tell you that they are simply beadazzling firearms, but they do a nice job. I did not like the standard Agency stippling. It is the same stippling they put on their handguns and it chewed my hand up. The Agency's also had a Trijicon RMR with I felt like had a better FOV than my Aimpoint but it collected debris easier than the Aimpoint and at one point had to wiped clean to be useable. Other than that it functioned 100% with light target loads and was a joy to shoot. It is a very smooth shooting gun.

My Beretta ran like a champ and for me was more comfortable to shoot. The Magpul stock fits me better and the it did not have the Agency cheese grader stippling. I did switch out the Haught Mod with a full ghost ring. I could never get used to the Haught Mod sight and it slowed me down in comparison to the regular ghost ring. I could shoot both shotguns with equal speed. I did not feel that the comfort tech stock made that big of a difference in recoil.

In the end, I still prefer my 1301. It fits me better, shoots just as smooth as the M2, and has been 100% with every kind of load I have put through it.

Now if this nonsense will end soon we can go finish up our trip and get some more rounds through the M2's. I don't think it will change my mind though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Before my weekend shooting trip got interrupted by all this nonsense in the cities, my friends and I took our pistols, rifles, and shoties out to the desert for a relaxing weekend of shooting. My two friends just picked up their Agency m2's and I brought my 1301 that I have written about here before. I have some nice additions from Aridus Industries to enhance the Beretta a bit. We were shooting mostly steel and other random targets. We ended up shooting about 150 rounds a piece through the shotguns. Not a lot of shooting, but enough to think about what worked and what didn't.

First of all the Agency's are beautiful. They will be the first to tell you that they are simply beadazzling firearms, but they do a nice job. I did not like the standard Agency stippling. It is the same stippling they put on their handguns and it chewed my hand up. The Agency's also had a Trijicon RMR with I felt like had a better FOV than my Aimpoint but it collected debris easier than the Aimpoint and at one point had to wiped clean to be useable. Other than that it functioned 100% with light target loads and was a joy to shoot. It is a very smooth shooting gun.

My Beretta ran like a champ and for me was more comfortable to shoot. The Magpul stock fits me better and the it did not have the Agency cheese grader stippling. I did switch out the Haught Mod with a full ghost ring. I could never get used to the Haught Mod sight and it slowed me down in comparison to the regular ghost ring. I could shoot both shotguns with equal speed. I did not feel that the comfort tech stock made that big of a difference in recoil.

In the end, I still prefer my 1301. It fits me better, shoots just as smooth as the M2, and has been 100% with every kind of load I have put through it.

Now if this nonsense will end soon we can go finish up our trip and get some more rounds through the M2's. I don't think it will change my mind though.
    The LOP on the 1301 looks to be shorter. Any thoughts on how the Magpul stock changed the feel as compared to the M2’s standard style stock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are all completely subjective thoughts, but I really like the Magpul stock. It brings the weapon in closer to the body and makes it more controllable both durning movement and in recoil. It helps me to have a more square stance with less fatigue on my upper body. I also the like the angle of the pistol grip.

I will state that I am more of a hunter and recreational shooter, so others opinions my differ. I also liked the Benelli stock, but of the two I would go Magpul.

Thanks for the review....
    You mention switching back to ghost rings from the Haught because they were faster. But did the Haught do better with cowitness/having the optic lower? It was my understanding that that was the purpose of the Haught setup, but maybe I've been misunderstanding. I'm sort of finalizing the options I want when I order the LTT 1301T.

With the Aridus mount, I don't have a problem co-witnessing the Aimpoint with the Magpul stock. The problem that I had with the Haught Mod sight was with the dot floating around in the open top of the rear sight. This might or might not be a problem for you. I learned to shoot on an A2 and the lack of a complete ring was just more than this feeble brain could comprehend. I honestly did not put a ton of time on the sight as I just did not "click" with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thanks for the review....
    You mention switching back to ghost rings from the Haught because they were faster. But did the Haught do better with cowitness/having the optic lower? It was my understanding that that was the purpose of the Haught setup, but maybe I've been misunderstanding. I'm sort of finalizing the options I want when I order the LTT 1301T.
    I'm just one dude on the internet but I find the Haught design to be pretty darn good for me... When using the 507 on mine I don't even notice the irons at all, front or rear, but if I focus on the front sight then I can see the half-ghost in my vision and just float the front sight in the middle of the rear like a giant U-notch on traditional irons.

Smartest thing agency could do would be to make an adapter for the magpul stock and start including it on all the M2's they sell, that standard 14" LOP stock is a joke. Way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Smartest thing agency could do would be to make an adapter for the magpul stock and start including it on all the M2's they sell, that standard 14" LOP stock is a joke. Way too long.
    I will pass that along to them...

User Tag List