Thread: Stretching and Flexibility for BJJ

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Stretching and Flexibility for BJJ

So what are the present best-practices on increasing flexibility for BJJ? It seems like static stretching has fallen out of favor with large portions of the fitness community, but when it comes to martial arts, that's pretty much all I know.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I used to roll with a Dr of Physical Therapy. He put on a mobility clinic for us one Sat and confirmed what I already knew, the my Range of Motion sucked. I had previously started (and stupidly have since ceased) regular ROMWOD workouts and he seemed to be a supporter of their program. It may be worth checking out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I used to roll with a Dr of Physical Therapy. He put on a mobility clinic for us one Sat and confirmed what I already knew, the my Range of Motion sucked. I had previously started (and stupidly have since ceased) regular ROMWOD workouts and he seemed to be a supporter of their program. It may be worth checking out.
    Is the program called ROMWOD?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Is the program called ROMWOD?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Yes it is, I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. Its an online, subscription service. ROMWOD = Range of Motion Workout of the Day

GMB fitness has “elements” a progressive body weight mobility program.

Key areas are hip mobility, spine , neck and shoulder mobility. This is key, especially when you start passing and getting stuck in half guard.

I use various exercises every morning to loosen and stretch joints and limbs. Cecil will be along shortly. He has great advice.

The book Becoming a Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett. Any of his material is good.

I was enjoying some of the basic stuff from Christopher Sommer's Gymnasticbodies.com back when every mobile device in my household hadn't been commandeered for COVID-19 homeschooling. They keep switching up the format, I see that now it's an annual/monthly subscription, but I think I had just purchased the low end mobility course at a flat rate. It's good content, but I'm a little wary of subscriptions since everyone in the world seems to be pushing a recurring subscription revenue model these days.

Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List