Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "War Belt" setups

Name:  IMG_6394.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  81.2 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^^much awesome.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at the BFG Trauma Kit today at a LGS and trying to decide if that was better served on vest/PC or on the belt. The SO-Tech Viper looks like a viable option as well.

What are you using to house the TQs? Which TQs are you running?
    Currently using the Philster solution, with Gorilla Tape pull tabs. Began having second thoughts when I bailed out of the car on a "man with long gun" call at the local hospital. The Philsters somehow ejected both TQs before I had gone 15 feet from the unit. I was FTOing, so we discussed letting your equipment fail you. Long story short, I got to use one of my favorite shooting positions with my carbine, trainee was aggressive, but minded his limits while taking dude into custody. Trumpets flourished, maidens wept upon learning the marital status of the cops involved. Sergeant said "nice work" as he recovered and safed the shotgun. <yawn> just another day serving the public.

Running SOFTT-Wides on my person, intended for use on me or a partner. Running CAT-7s on my rifle stock, plate carrier and bail out bag for suspects and anyone else that needs them.

The Philsters at 5- and 7 o'clock have never been ideal, but it was room that I had. I would prefer to go down on my back so I can keep fighting close in, and my RMR'd Glock has greatly expanded that distance...and laying on TQs when you need them....No bueno...

In about two weeks I will be getting a couple of BFG TQ hammocks to play with. Running them on? Over? Under? Around? My double cuff case at 1:00 o'clock, and my Taser at 11:00 o'clock. The alternative was to get a couple of 10-speed M4 mag pouches and run them inside my duty belt at 11:00- and 1:00 o'clock., but that would further reduce the contact between non-commercial inner belt and outer belt.

pat

As someone who rocks a duty belt 40+ hours a week and will have to for another 28 years I try to keep my belts light and keep nothing on my back, which is a feat with a 31" waist. I'm currently rocking two belt setups and will have a third once Blue Alpha ships my new belt. They all are basically the same setup though.

Duty Belt:
    Area Gear Inner/Outter Duty belt. Going clockwise, QLS Mounted 6390RDS with a NCP-E Plate attached which I run a TQ in a 11-Ten TQ holder on. chained handcuffs on a loop strap, nothing across my back, hinged cuffs in a BFG cuff pouch, 20rd AR Mag in a Scorpion soft shell mag pouch, and double pistol pouch at my 1130 spot.
    I'm able to run my duty belt this light thanks to a pretty simplistic external carrier at work to carry radio, light, OC on and a medkit in my cargo pocket. For everyday patrol I've found this to be the best and have been running the same belt setup for SWAT as well except I just attach my gas mask to the belt and a couple flex cuffs off a carabiner.

Training Belt:
    AWS Inner/Outer belt. Same holster setup, nothing across my back, BFG Helium Dump Pouch, Esstac AR Pouch, Esstac Gap Double Pistol pouch. This is my class and range belt setup. It gives me everything I need on the line. If i need more mags for a string of fire they just get dropped into the dump pouch and carried with me.

NEW SWAT Belt:
    Blue Alpha Gear Inner/Outer belt. Double cuff pouch, Same holster setup, flashbang pouch, nothing across back, dump pouch but undecided who I want to use for that yet, Scorpion AR pouch, Esstac pistol pouch. I carry 2 more AR mags on my vest in a BFG Helium setup. They're really only there to refill my main scorpion reload pouch.

I try to keep everything as consistent as possible for me. Extra weight on your hips makes running suck, especially for carrying gear there you probably don't need. In my training belt and SWAT belt I don't carry a direct attached med kit on my belt. I, along with my whole team, have gone to using fanny pack med kits. I'm using the Spiritus SACK. This has a couple benefits to me, I don't have to always have it stuck behind my lower back especially working in cars. It gives me the ability to remove it if were staged somewhere a long time or I can rotate it to dead space in my front and be a lot comfier. It also has the same benefit as a removable pouch by simply unclicking the buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Currently using the Philster solution, with Gorilla Tape pull tabs. Began having second thoughts when I bailed out of the car on a "man with long gun" call at the local hospital. The Philsters somehow ejected both TQs before I had gone 15 feet from the unit. I was FTOing, so we discussed letting your equipment fail you. Long story short, I got to use one of my favorite shooting positions with my carbine, trainee was aggressive, but minded his limits while taking dude into custody. Trumpets flourished, maidens wept upon learning the marital status of the cops involved. Sergeant said "nice work" as he recovered and safed the shotgun. <yawn> just another day serving the public.

Running SOFTT-Wides on my person, intended for use on me or a partner. Running CAT-7s on my rifle stock, plate carrier and bail out bag for suspects and anyone else that needs them.

The Philsters at 5- and 7 o'clock have never been ideal, but it was room that I had. I would prefer to go down on my back so I can keep fighting close in, and my RMR'd Glock has greatly expanded that distance...and laying on TQs when you need them....No bueno...

In about two weeks I will be getting a couple of BFG TQ hammocks to play with. Running them on? Over? Under? Around? My double cuff case at 1:00 o'clock, and my Taser at 11:00 o'clock. The alternative was to get a couple of 10-speed M4 mag pouches and run them inside my duty belt at 11:00- and 1:00 o'clock., but that would further reduce the contact between non-commercial inner belt and outer belt.

pat

Thanks for this. I'm not sure how I missed the update but I'm just now seeing it. I had given consideration to the Phlster products but may just go back to using a BFG 10 Speed AR pouch for the time being.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List