Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "War Belt" setups

Ive been pretty content with tacos since i shoot 1911s, glocks, and berettas. I also use the surplus eagle pouches. The beretta ones retain 1911 mags enough for gaming but prefer 1911 ones for field use. I like having the velcro retention as well.

Kiwis are great.

I have a ton of belts, harnesses, field gear, etc and i find i like my stuff really simple.

If im grabbing a belt it'll be a lopro padded belt with 4 pistol mags and a gun. I can throw on a kydex rifle pouch if i want and it has a 12rd shotgun shell pouch since im shooting shotguns more. With my micro rig that gives me 36rds.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    So as someone who is still a total noob to carbines, etc, are war belts the consensus option for carrying AR mags/ammo/etc in the absence of a plate carrier? I don't know how to tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    So as someone who is still a total noob to carbines, etc, are war belts the consensus option for carrying AR mags/ammo/etc in the absence of a plate carrier? I don't know how to tactical.
    You could also get a "ranger rack," but a War Belt is all sorts of high speed!

I typically use slick armor and keep all the stuff on my belt.

I use the BFG Plateminus and have a Tenspeed triple mag shingle on the front. Without mags in it, it's pretty slick. I don't store it with mags so the elastic doesn't wear out. If the need to don plates arises, I will pull three loaded mags from the shoulder bag I keep with 6 loaded mags and stuff those pouches on the plate carrier, but the primary and secondary rifle reload will come from the belt.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Kinda depends. The nice thing about a war belt is it’s easy on easy off. That’s a real advantage if it’s a long day or two 9
    on the range. They can also be a disadvantage because it’s easy to turn them into a bat belt that weighs as much as a toddler.

I tried a HSG microgrip under belt thingy and hate it. The belts with a Velcro under belt are much better. Low profile and they stay put.

If all you need is a couple carbine magazines and a pistol set up I would just direct mount to a belt threaded through your pants and call it good. A magazine in the back pocket and one on the belt will work too.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Kinda depends. The nice thing about a war belt is it’s easy on easy off.
    I don't want to put anything over my head, possibly knocking off my glasses, etc., in a hurry. I'll always default to a belt. And even without a lot of training time, working from the belt and managing ammo and mags is easier at the belt level, for me. I do have a crye PC, and it's slick.

ETA: I ordered one more KYWI rifle pouch, and a dump pouch. next up is to see how much space I have for med stuff. I also got the new ALS modified to accept the position of my RMR, and I have an OT Nub incoming

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I use the BFG Plateminus and have a Tenspeed triple mag shingle on the front. Without mags in it, it's pretty slick. I don't store it with mags so the elastic doesn't wear out. If the need to don plates arises, I will pull three loaded mags from the shoulder bag I keep with 6 loaded mags and stuff those pouches on the plate carrier, but the primary and secondary rifle reload will come from the belt.
    I might follow your lead and mount up the 10-speeds. Those b*tches are too freaking tight, but the do lay flat. These riots have got me thinking about how many mags I can mount up and not weigh myself down. I normally fit three rifle mags on the belt. To that end, I've re-acquired a Redi-mod, to see if mounting a second mag to the gun is worthwhile. I ran them for years, but ditched them when I wanted a lighter, slicker rifle

I recently bought this Lead Devil 1.5 inch belt... it comes with an inner inner belt. Molle is stiff but holds mag pouches (HSGI) , IFAK (North American Rescue Mini FAK), and dump pouch (Maxpedition RollyPoly) really well. The holster in this pic is a 6360 but I’ve changed the UBL to one modified by Foxtrot Kilo Company here in NC.

So far I’m pretty pleased with it. Their webpage suggests it’s made by a current, or former, LAPD officer. They also offer a LE/Mil discount.

Name:  B890167C-6612-4A6E-A388-149CC8A0FCFD.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  60.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Dr Neph.

You have thousands of reps going to the belt line for a pistol mag. Doing the same basic motions for rifle mags is far more efficient in my mind than going to a vest when you do not typically wear/train with a plate carrier/vest set up.

That was my independently concluded, ultimately Pat Rogers (RIP) endorsed approach when I took his 3 day class in 08. I did well enough in the class and was always reloaded faster than my vest/plate wearing contemporaries.

User Tag List