Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "War Belt" setups

"War Belt" setups

Now that I've got the UNITY Clutch pretty much figured out, I figured it was time to redo the belt. I have a First Spear Assaulter's Gun Belt, without the sleeve. I just sold the the old Safariland ALS and got the 6354DO model for the RMR/X300U mounted to my G17. I want to ditch the HSGI Tacos that are on there now, and go with a more slick and trim set of pouches without cords and stuff hanging off them. I'm leaning toward Snake Eater Tactical Burro pouches (2-M4, 2-pistol, and 2 pistol for flashlight/multitool).

Any other slick-ish pouches that I should consider? I'm not a BFG 10-speed fan, as they are just too tight, and I can't reinsert anything in them easily.

I'd appreciate any pics or descriptions of personal setups too.

Thanks,
    Kent

I like the Defense Mechanisms (https://defensemechanisms.com/pouches/) Rifle and pistol mag pouches. They are pretty slick and stream lined. I not the greatest on a computer, so not sure if I can get a link to work in this post, but you should be able to check their website out through google. They are AR and double stack pistol magazine-centric though.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Now that I've got the UNITY Clutch pretty much figured out, I figured it was time to redo the belt. I have a First Spear Assaulter's Gun Belt, without the sleeve. I just sold the the old Safariland ALS and got the 6354DO model for the RMR/X300U mounted to my G17. I want to ditch the HSGI Tacos that are on there now, and go with a more slick and trim set of pouches without cords and stuff hanging off them. I'm leaning toward Snake Eater Tactical Burro pouches (2-M4, 2-pistol, and 2 pistol for flashlight/multitool).

Any other slick-ish pouches that I should consider? I'm not a BFG 10-speed fan, as they are just too tight, and I can't reinsert anything in them easily.

Thanks,
    Kent
    I rely on @karmapolice for these things and basically just do whatever he tells me. Currently running a 6378 (I think, but mine is on a UBL with a strap, not a paddle) for G19.5 MOS with X300U and RMR. Pistol and rifle pouches are ESSTAC Kywi. I have two/ea. For CC and when I was shooting 3gun I used the Comp-tac pouches. I wanted something with a little more security/coverage, but not sacrificing much if any speed. The Kywi's do that for me. I have a Multitasker Armorer tool/pliers in their pouch (EMDOM I think) strongside behind the pistol. Dump pouch weakside/asscheek behind the second rifle pouch. I don't have a light on the belt. Might get there eventually, but I keep one of the little Streamlight single AAA microstreams clipped in my weakside front pocket for admin stuff. Otherwise, X300U (1000 lumen) on the pistol and M300C (500 lumen) on the rifle. I'm not a cop, so not using the light to search vehicles, crowd/suspect control, etc. If I'm out and about with guns, I want a lower light signature unless I'm deciding if something needs to be shot or not (coyote, bad guy, etc).

This is all on a Jones Tactical 1.5" belt with Cobra buckle. Instead of an inner belt, I have an HSGI Micro Grip Panel on the inside, effectively turning it into a lower profile battle belt I can toss on quickly and over foul weather gear.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I rely on @karmapolice for these things and basically just do whatever he tells me. Currently running a 6378 (I think, but mine is on a UBL with a strap, not a paddle) for G19.5 MOS with X300U and RMR. Pistol and rifle pouches are ESSTAC Kywi. I have two/ea. For CC and when I was shooting 3gun I used the Comp-tac pouches. I wanted something with a little more security/coverage, but not sacrificing much if any speed. The Kywi's do that for me. I have a Multitasker Armorer tool/pliers in their pouch (EMDOM I think) strongside behind the pistol. Dump pouch weakside/asscheek behind the second rifle pouch. I don't have a light on the belt. Might get there eventually, but I keep one of the little Streamlight single AAA microstreams clipped in my weakside front pocket for admin stuff. Otherwise, X300U (1000 lumen) on the pistol and M300C (500 lumen) on the rifle. I'm not a cop, so not using the light to search vehicles, crowd/suspect control, etc. If I'm out and about with guns, I want a lower light signature unless I'm deciding if something needs to be shot or not (coyote, bad guy, etc).
    I have all the KYWI's in my cart right now at SKD. I'm a civilian too. that's why I want the slickest setups possible. thanks

Site Supporter
    I freely acknowledge my war belt is a hodge podge as has been put together piece meal and has been optimized for OWB training when the weather is crappy or when OWB generally is the training modality.

Not sexy at all. They are extremely secure and take up min. real estate. They fit, Glock mags, flashlights and multi tools with ease.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Un...050199&sr=8-39

Took a pic:

Name:  849BF759-D010-4CFA-B6D4-E925D7E8C23F.jpg
Views: 1462
Size:  102.8 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Thanks,
    Kent
    ESSTAC Kywi is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ESSTAC Kywi is legit.
    I have been extremely happy with my double mag pouch I bought from them. Slim and light, great retention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ESSTAC Kywi is legit.
    I just ordered pistol and rifle KYWI pouches

Another (slightly late) vote for KYWI pouches. Doesn't get much slicker and I doubt anything slicker has the same perfect retention level.

User Tag List