Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESSTAC cards VS SOE

ESSTAC cards VS SOE

Let me begin by saying this is essentially an out of box review. I have run the ESSTAC for a few weeks and just got the SOE cards today. I am a righty who shoots a long gun lefty. Last week in a defensive shotgun class I had a lot of trouble with tight ESSTAC shell loops and trying to load off of it shooting left handed. I did a bit of research and found that the SOE cards offer good retention but aren't known for being too tight so I ordered 2 to try.

Let me say that right now I love them. They offer great retention but you can still remove shells easily from the awkward left handed shooters procedure. They also lay flat on the gun whereas the ESSTAC cards curl up. I do not know which of the 2 will hold up long term but right now I am enjoying the easier shell removal of the SOE card. A right hander may not find it as difficult to get a round out but for me the ESSTAC was very difficult and didn't really loosen up over the last couple of weeks use in practice.

I will likely be ordering a few more SOE cards.

Site Supporter
    https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...emington-q-dc/

Nothing else I have used compares. Esstac, OSOE, Choate, etc.

If I had 1 shotgun or a lot of $ to spend on a platform I don't use often enough I would. Velcro is just too adaptable for my purposes right now. Plus I have a chest rig where I carry 4 extra. Thats a lot of $ to invest for not that much more advantage.

https://www.vangcomp.com/product/spa...ition-carrier/

Per TCinVA’s recommendation, these coupled with industrial strength Velcro are on most of my 1301s and 870s.

I use the Vang shell cards. I have a set of HSGI shell cards too, and the Vang cards puts them to shame. I haven’t tried any other shell cards, but with how well the Vang cards work, not sure I would explore other options. I really need to pick up some more Vang cards 🤔🤔

Name:  0967FFB0-CE01-4E87-A2EA-47CC1A88D2AB.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  29.3 KB

Ive found that some of the hsgi cards dont retain good enough. The ones i prefer has a strip sewn into the card that adds friction. I never had a problem with them retaining "to well".

VCS cards are the light and the way.

I would do Aridus if I didn't already have a bunch of guns equipped with VCS DSACs. VCS has a DSAC designed for the 1301, but they have not put it into production yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    https://www.vangcomp.com/product/spa...ition-carrier/

Per TCinVA’s recommendation, these coupled with industrial strength Velcro are on most of my 1301s and 870s.
    Speaking of which, they’re back in stock at Vang Comp and brownells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    VCS cards are the light and the way.

I would do Aridus if I didn't already have a bunch of guns equipped with VCS DSACs. VCS has a DSAC designed for the 1301, but they have not put it into production yet.
    I use both VCS and Aridus sidesaddles on my guns. The Aridus is a good bit tighter on the shells than the Vang, but given that it was originally designed to run brass-down on a 1301, I think that's not necessarily a bad thing in that context. You ain't never gonna lose a shell out of one, that's for sure.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

The Vang cards will adhere to basic velcro like the ESSTAC cards?
    Thanks,
    Jon

User Tag List