Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92 G Conversion kit?

92 G Conversion kit?

You guys have me wanting to convert my 92A1 to decocker only. I read on Beretta website where a customer complained to right side lever was “beefy” and stick out more. Is this true? Does the factory delivered gun have same right side lever? I want a right side lever the same as my factory 92A1. Is the Langdon Tactical G conversion kit the “non-beefy” right side lever? In summary where can I get a G Conversion kit with levers like my factory pistol ? Also, I used an Allen Key with 0.05” diameter as a punch to remove these small pins. If I were to buy a specific punch for this is 1/16” too big? 1/16” is 0.0625” Thanks
    Last edited by Rmiked; 06-01-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    I read on Beretta website where a customer complained to right side lever was “beefy” and stick out more. Is this true? Does the factory delivered gun have same right side lever?
    It looks bulkier, but the overall width is actually a little bit less with the new style lever.

I want a right side lever the same as my factory 92A1. Is the Langdon Tactical G conversion kit the “non-beefy” right side lever? In summary where can I get a G Conversion kit with levers like my factory pistol ? Thanks
    You can't. There are no drop-in "conversion kits" that will do what you are asking. The conversion kit contains a torsion spring that enables it to work with a factory "F" type slide, but that spring is of necessity housed in the extended cylindrical portion, which is what makes the "bulky" appearance.

If you want the "factory G" appearance you will need to have the slide modified by Wilson Combat or Allegheny Gun Works.

I too somewhat prefer the appearance of the old style factory G pistols, but the new style lever is much easier to remove and reinstall, and the supposed "bulk" is mostly an illusion.

There is only one drop-in conversion kit to convert an F to a G and it's from Beretta. It's kinda ugly but it's the only one out there. As stated above there are a couple companies that can convert your gun to a G and have it look stock.

I have used several of the G conversion kits and they've all worked great. Not super hard to install but not the easiest thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I understand. I was wondering why Wilson was offering the conversion with the kits available . Now I know. Thanks. And will a 1/16” punch work for the small pins?

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    I understand. I was wondering why Wilson was offering the conversion with the kits available . Now I know. Thanks. And will a 1/16” punch work for the small pins?
    The G conversion kit right side lever is held on with one roll pin. My 1/16" roll pin punch worked fine for this. However, there are two smaller roll pins that hold the F style right side lever in place. The 1/16" punch is a little bit large for these because they are 1.5mm. I used a smaller punch, if I remember correctly, one that I used for S&W revolver front sights, probably about 0.050". Textbook answer would probably be to use the correct small metric size punches.

Thanks for the info👍

Brownells sells a specific set of punches just for the safety levers on the Berretta 90-series for $15 I think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

People have measured them and say the levers are the same width.

That may be so but for me the new levers definitely print when compared to the regular g levers due to the edges and profiles. If you don’t AIWB then it may not be a issue. Like all things individual build and holster may dictate that.

I am tempted to send the gun into Wilson for a single sided lo pro lever. Wish LTT would come out with a single sided lo pro lever that does not have to have the frame modified.

Top and right factory conversion G lever. Bottom and left factory G lever. Visually a little different, functionally same-same. Neither print when worn under an untucked T for me. If printing is a problem I can’t see how that min dimension is primary reason for printing. I would be checking into the right holster for best fit and positioning rather than sending out a slide for pricey surgery.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by medmo; 06-02-2020 at 12:38 AM.

The other alternative is to find a factory G slide

The machining on FS slides is different from the machining on the G slides. FS slides can have certain new holes drilled, and other filled, and G parts installed, and it becomes a G slide. The G conversion works on a FS slide, with no machining. The alternative to this is to find a factory G slide, but it will not have 92A1 markings.

The easiest to find G slides are for the .40 caliber 96. For range use only, I've used a 96G slide with a 92 barrel and magazine, with no issues.

Finding a 92G slide will take some looking. Ask about it on the Beretta forum, and someone will eventually make you an offer.

User Tag List